By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U port begging (on Switch)

PhantomLink said:
I'm gonna use this thread to port beg for Wii Fit U.

See ya

That would be amazing to port over, and think about it, if you put the Switch on the ground you could use the touch screen as a balance board for it, you're already half way to a functional port on the Switch!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
KilleyMc said:
I already own every game I wanted to play on Wii U (except Fatal Frame V, I hate digital-only releases) so I won't buy a Switch for ports of its games, but I don't mind their existence either. If there is people willing to pay $ 60 for games I've been playing for the last three years and Nintendo wants to use that to fill the gaping holes in Switch's first year's lineup, then it works for both parties involved.

That's the thing at the end of the day isn't it? If the ports come out and they don't interest you, that's grand and doesn't effect you really, just let other people buy what they want and worry about yourself.

In some ways I'm jealous that you got to play the games on the WiiU a few years ago but in another way I'm happy to have them on the Switch and have passed one generation of Nintendo machines, maybe one day I'll buy a wiiu just for completionist sake but otherwise I'm grand I think.

Exactly, the only valid complaint that I can think of from a Wii U owner standpoint is if you decided to buy a Switch too soon and now feel that the only 'must have' games on the console are games that you already own and don't want to buy again, thus ending with a new console and nothing to play on it. But then again, that's ultimately your own fault.

PhantomLink said:
I'm gonna use this thread to port beg for Wii Fit U.

See ya

And using my thread does what exactly? Lol. I highly doubt anyone from Nintendo is coming to vgchartz and if you think that's gonna undermine my thread or me, it's not going to. 

Ganoncrotch said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I'll port beg all I want. I missed out. Theres money in it. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is going to sell because of it.

Pretty much this, I also don't believe that Nintendo should stop salvaging software from the WiiU which didn't sell as well as it could have for the sake of pleasing those who bought a WiiU and feel annoyed that it's good games are being made use out of, what is the harm in it if Nintendo want to get extra sales (500k copies of MK8 in the first week in the US I think) from software they've already worked on and just have to shift from one machine to the next the cost and time required to move that software forwards would be miniscule in comparison to building a game from scratch.

Just think of it like this are Nintendo really going to leave software which didn't sell to rot on the WiiU or if their customers would buy it should they not profit from the demand for it? Jez, the thing is, if Nintendo don't listen to their customers and bring them games people want from the past (virtual console GC games) then there is uproar that they're not giving the fans what they want... but if they port some games from the wiiu that is sacrilege because people should be punished for having the common sense to see that console was doomed from the get go? Sorry but no company is turning down money to make you feel better about purchasing a lemon.

If the Wii U was doomed from the get go they should have pulled the plug right after launch. Instead they told people they would salvage it. So yes, they should keep Wii U games on the Wii U for at least 10 years even if they lose money that way because to do otherwise would be to sh*t on their customers. It's not enough that they destroyed their reputation making a piece of sh*t like the WIi U was, they have to make it even more sh*t by porting the few redeeming games it had to another system, making it worthless. Sony GUARANTEES that any Playstation home console is a worthwhile purchase, so does Microsoft. Clearly Nintendo is no longer a reputable company, just another piece of sh*t company like Atari that does not stand for quality anymore.

As someone who owned a wii u and honestly enjoyed some of the games, I hope that they bring ports of the best over. Why? Because of the new portability. I honestly don't have the energy to keep using my wii u and I really want games like bayonetta on the go. Not on;y that but I know that it is easy for nintendo to get a 3rd party to do the port which means all the new games coming up won't be shafted. As long as Nintendo doesn't think they only have to port wii u games I'm fine, which is clearly not happening because of Arms, Spla2on Xeno 2, Odyssey, FE warriors ect. Not to mention that there are some wii u games that I don't have and I rather get on switch instead

Around the Network
Magnus said:
I'm fed up with all of this port begging. I bought my Wii U to play exclusives, it was not worth buying if you could skip it and play all those games regardless. Breath of the Wild on Switch should have never happened, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe should have never existed, end of story. People who skipped the Wii U do not deserve to play any Wii U game.

Wow that's super fucking selfish and narrowminded and this is coming from someone that has a Wii u and over 20 games 

StarOcean said:
oniyide said:

Mario Kart 8 DX says hi

You just learning about that game? Unless you've been in a coma the past 5 months you waste your time bringing it up. 

brought it up because the game is doing fine, so clearly their is an audience for them whether some people like it or not

oniyide said:
StarOcean said:

You just learning about that game? Unless you've been in a coma the past 5 months you waste your time bringing it up. 

brought it up because the game is doing fine, so clearly their is an audience for them whether some people like it or not

I never said it wouldn't do well nor did I say there wasn't an audience for it

collint0101 said:
Magnus said:
I'm fed up with all of this port begging. I bought my Wii U to play exclusives, it was not worth buying if you could skip it and play all those games regardless. Breath of the Wild on Switch should have never happened, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe should have never existed, end of story. People who skipped the Wii U do not deserve to play any Wii U game.

Wow that's super fucking selfish and narrowminded and this is coming from someone that has a Wii u and over 20 games 

I think the Zelda and Mario Kart ports were pretty good ideas and have done well for the system, I just don't think that they should port over every single one of the Wii U's exclusives.

Magnus said: Sony GUARANTEES that any Playstation home console is a worthwhile purchase, so does Microsoft.

The same question as before. Can you show us how much support they promised? How many years of support they promised? How many AAA titles they promised? For which games they promise to let them exclusive forever? For which games they promised to wait x years until a port/remaster will be allowed? Please show us these press releases with specific details.