By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U port begging (on Switch)

rjason12 said:
PhantomLink said:
I'm gonna use this thread to port beg for Wii Fit U.

See ya

And using my thread does what exactly? Lol. I highly doubt anyone from Nintendo is coming to vgchartz and if you think that's gonna undermine my thread or me, it's not going to. 

John Nintendo III, the owner of the company is a Vgchartz user.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Nah, keep the ports coming, Ninty needs to salvage everything they can off that hot mess.

I'm now filled with determination.

rjason12 said:
collint0101 said:

Wow that's super fucking selfish and narrowminded and this is coming from someone that has a Wii u and over 20 games 

I think the Zelda and Mario Kart ports were pretty good ideas and have done well for the system, I just don't think that they should port over every single one of the Wii U's exclusives.

I'd honestly be pretty cool with them porting basically everything over just because I like portability but I thinkthey should port stuff like Xenoblade, bayonetta, wonderful 101, fatal frame and TMS just for the sake of introducing them to a new and potentially much bigger audience

Magnus said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Pretty much this, I also don't believe that Nintendo should stop salvaging software from the WiiU which didn't sell as well as it could have for the sake of pleasing those who bought a WiiU and feel annoyed that it's good games are being made use out of, what is the harm in it if Nintendo want to get extra sales (500k copies of MK8 in the first week in the US I think) from software they've already worked on and just have to shift from one machine to the next the cost and time required to move that software forwards would be miniscule in comparison to building a game from scratch.

Just think of it like this are Nintendo really going to leave software which didn't sell to rot on the WiiU or if their customers would buy it should they not profit from the demand for it? Jez, the thing is, if Nintendo don't listen to their customers and bring them games people want from the past (virtual console GC games) then there is uproar that they're not giving the fans what they want... but if they port some games from the wiiu that is sacrilege because people should be punished for having the common sense to see that console was doomed from the get go? Sorry but no company is turning down money to make you feel better about purchasing a lemon.

If the Wii U was doomed from the get go they should have pulled the plug right after launch. Instead they told people they would salvage it. So yes, they should keep Wii U games on the Wii U for at least 10 years even if they lose money that way because to do otherwise would be to sh*t on their customers. It's not enough that they destroyed their reputation making a piece of sh*t like the WIi U was, they have to make it even more sh*t by porting the few redeeming games it had to another system, making it worthless. Sony GUARANTEES that any Playstation home console is a worthwhile purchase, so does Microsoft. Clearly Nintendo is no longer a reputable company, just another piece of sh*t company like Atari that does not stand for quality anymore.

what games didnt release on Wii U that you felt Ninty promised you?

So you would rather them lose money to appease your feelings? Glad they not doing that.

Less reputable? the Switch is like their fastest selling system in a while so clearly you are wrong.

WagnerPaiva said:
rjason12 said:

And using my thread does what exactly? Lol. I highly doubt anyone from Nintendo is coming to vgchartz and if you think that's gonna undermine my thread or me, it's not going to. 

John Nintendo III, the owner of the company is a Vgchartz user.

Not to be confused with Nintendo John. A local man convicted of strangling 7 prostitutes while wearing Luigi cosplay.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Conina said:
Magnus said: Sony GUARANTEES that any Playstation home console is a worthwhile purchase, so does Microsoft.

The same question as before. Can you show us how much support they promised? How many years of support they promised? How many AAA titles they promised? For which games they promise to let them exclusive forever? For which games they promised to wait x years until a port/remaster will be allowed? Please show us these press releases with specific details.

I honestly don't think he will.

IIRC, on of Sony's exclusives (The Last of Us) was remastered for the PS4 a year after the PS3 version came out.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Conina said:

The same question as before. Can you show us how much support they promised? How many years of support they promised? How many AAA titles they promised? For which games they promise to let them exclusive forever? For which games they promised to wait x years until a port/remaster will be allowed? Please show us these press releases with specific details.

I honestly don't think he will.

IIRC, on of Sony's exclusives (The Last of Us) was remastered for the PS4 a year after the PS3 version came out.

Platform(s)

PlayStation 3
Release
  • WW: June 14, 2013

Platform(s)

PlayStation 4
Release
  • NA: July 29, 2014
  • PAL: July 30, 2014

1 year and one month, Damn it and they promised me... they sat me down and swore to me that they would never put the games I bought on one console onto another more popular machine at the time.... Sony held my hand... they looked into my eyes and whispered... 10 years .... you have my software tied to that system you love for 10 years, I promise.

Then I woke up and thought, fuck yeah, the company I love is making money selling games that their customers want, it's a good thing they aren't going to keep games on a system people didn't want just to keep someone happy until the point where they are a decade old and no one wants them... because that would be mental.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Realistically, everything on Wii U should be ported or updated to Switch. Otherwise it is wasted.content.

It's NOT realistically to expect people to buy a failed and lacking console like the Wii U. The Wii U had a lot of games that are good if you already own the console, but it had zero killer apps (like Switch's BotW, Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, or Super Mario Bros. Yes it got a port of BotW, but it is inferior and not the definitive version, and it came far too late in its life to be a killer app).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Realistically, everything on Wii U should be ported or updated to Switch. Otherwise it is wasted.content.

It's NOT realistically to expect people to buy a failed and lacking console like the Wii U. The Wii U had a lot of games that are good if you already own the console, but it had zero killer apps (like Switch's BotW, Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy, or Super Mario Bros. Yes it got a port of BotW, but it is inferior and not the definitive version, and it came far too late in its life to be a killer app).

Also just think with the ease of porting from Wii-U to Switch from the looks of MK8D it would be insane to expect Nintendo not to profit from that fairly obviously designed in feature that the Switch has to make the porting easier.

I want my companies to make money giving me content that I want to play, what benefit is it if they don't port the things over is what I want to know? Their customer who didn't move from WiiU will feel happier with his WiiU getting to have software that can run that Switch owners wont be able to enjoy? Hate to point this out, but if you are keen on sticking with the WiiU and not moving to the switch then you're no longer a current Nintendo customer and your dollar no longer dictates their actions since they aim to please their customers here and now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Jumpin said:

Also just think with the ease of porting from Wii-U to Switch from the looks of MK8D it would be insane to expect Nintendo not to profit from that fairly obviously designed in feature that the Switch has to make the porting easier.

I want my companies to make money giving me content that I want to play, what benefit is it if they don't port the things over is what I want to know? Their customer who didn't move from WiiU will feel happier with his WiiU getting to have software that can run that Switch owners wont be able to enjoy? Hate to point this out, but if you are keen on sticking with the WiiU and not moving to the switch then you're no longer a current Nintendo customer and your dollar no longer dictates their actions since they aim to please their customers here and now.

I have a Switch and a Wii U, I stuck through the rough patch (Wii U) others did not, they should miss out, because if they really wanted to play the games they should have bought a Wii U. And I seem to notice that a lot of the Wii U port pushers are the same ones that constantly tell others to stop begging for PS4/Xbone ports.