By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U port begging (on Switch)

Mr Puggsly said:
rjason12 said:

Needs to stop. Sorry you didn't get to play those games, but you should have gotten a Wii U to play them, I did, and I really don't want to waste Switch space/development time with games I already played within the last 2-3 years. I want to play new original titles/sequels.

Boy, what a load of bullshit this post is.

The Wii U was never reasonably priced, it didn't get great support, but it did have some great 1st party content. The solution is common sense. Great Wii U games should be ported to Switch simply because its relatively easy to do and its more great content for Switch.

Frankly, I just wish these ports didn't cost $60.

Were the Last of Us and GTAV remastered ports at $60 retail? And they were released a year after the originals.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Lol, WiiU has the lowest tie ratio of any Nintendo home console. Maybe if WiiU owners would have bought more software Nintendo wouldn't have to recoup all those losses they made.

Most of WiiU's games never should have been exclusive to WiiU anyway, they should have been on Wii too.

Given Switch has no backwards compatibility then WiiU owners can keep 'muh HD Zeldaz' and Wonderful 101 but everything else can be remastered, y'know, like Super Mario Allstars.

Actually, that title belongs to the Nintendo 64, but I agree with the spirit of what you're saying. Switch lacks BC so porting Wii U games to Switch gives people who missed out on Wii U a chance to experience them. 

Howver, I do think making threads to specifically ask for that to happen are annoying. If Nintendo is going to do it, its not gonna be because some forum users made a thread about it

i want Smash and Bayonetta 1,2 on Switch, then a new Smash, Bayonetta 3 and Pikmin 4

Magnus said:
Conina said:

Can you show us how much support they promised? How many years of Wii U support they promised? How many AAA titles they promised? For which Wii U games they promise to let them Wii U exclusive forever? For which Wii U games they promised to wait x years until a port/remaster will be allowed? Please show us these press releases with specific details.

Of course they hoped that the Wii U will be a susscess and wanted to support the Wii U as long as possible. But Nintendo ain't your close friend, it is still a business. The well-being of the whole company is much more important than the well-being of one of their products. And if one of their products underperforms, they have to pull the emergengy brake to cut their losses.

If Nintendo promised support rather than pulling the plug early, the least that was expected of them was the same support all their other systems got for the last 30 years. They knew that, yet they still mislead people promising support they weren't willing to deliver. Businesses don't get to screw their customers to make more profits. They could have cut their losses right after launch, they didn't, instead they screwed people.

That's your personal problem if you bought a system and its games for exclusiveness which was never promised. And if you can only enjoy games if they are exclusive and can't stand the thought that a better version of a game later gets released on another system, I pity you.

If I buy a failed system I expect the manufacturer to make my purchase be worthwhile in the end, and in the case of the Wii U that means exclusives. At least with Vita you got japanese third-party games on a portable.

You can expect as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo doesn't owe you anything. They offered a product without the promise of longtime support and exclusiveness and it was your own decision to buy that console and compatible games.

After you found out that the Wii U ain't what you wanted, you had for years the opportunity to sell the console and/or the games you don't like. They didn't even change the price for the console or the games in the last years, so your losses would have been minimal.

Instead you chose to wallow in self-pity for at least 22 months (so far). Browsing through your post history lets me doubt that you even enjoy gaming... I never saw you posting something positive about a game or system, and that doesn't only include the Wii U and Switch. Perhaps you should try to find a new hobby which makes you happier.

There is a great back catalogue of Wii U games that never got to reach their full potential however, plus there are still Wii U title that I've wanted to play but never did.

Around the Network
Conina said:
Magnus said:

If Nintendo promised support rather than pulling the plug early, the least that was expected of them was the same support all their other systems got for the last 30 years. They knew that, yet they still mislead people promising support they weren't willing to deliver. Businesses don't get to screw their customers to make more profits. They could have cut their losses right after launch, they didn't, instead they screwed people.

That's your personal problem if you bought a system and its games for exclusiveness which was never promised. And if you can only enjoy games if they are exclusive and can't stand the thought that a better version of a game later gets released on another system, I pity you.

If I buy a failed system I expect the manufacturer to make my purchase be worthwhile in the end, and in the case of the Wii U that means exclusives. At least with Vita you got japanese third-party games on a portable.

You can expect as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo doesn't owe you anything. They offered a product without the promise of longtime support and exclusiveness and it was your own decision to buy that console and compatible games.

After you found out that the Wii U ain't what you wanted, you had for years the opportunity to sell the console and/or the games you don't like. They didn't even change the price for the console or the games in the last years, so your losses would have been minimal.

Instead you chose to wallow in self-pity for at least 22 months (so far). Browsing through your post history lets me doubt that you even enjoy gaming... I never saw you posting something positive about a game or system, and that doesn't only include the Wii U and Switch. Perhaps you should try to find a new hobby which makes you happier.

After beating Breath of the Wild I will sell my Wii U. That doesn't mean that I should forgive Nintendo for screwing people. I do enjoy gaming, just not when they rip me off. Sadly ripping people off is the norm of gaming now, people love to pay microtransactions and macrotransactions, double dipping on remasters and forgiving Nintendo for duping people to invest on a crap system.

This is the proper thread to beg for WiiU ports? Ok.

I want Xenoblade, of course. The 3D Mario, the Toad side story.
What else? Any exclusives of a decent caliber... the biggest ones, the gamecube Zeldas I guess.
That Fatal Frame no one played...

Also, Trauma Center,  Ace Attorney.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Turkish said:

Preach! It's disturbing how many so called fans skipped on the Wii U lol.

I got mine in 2014, it was finally worth it.

So far the 2 biggest Switch games got are Wii U ports, the more they waste time porting Wii U games over the longer I'll delay my purchase until it has a decent library of original Switch games.

Totally expecting ports of Mariomaker (september) and Smash 4(November) announced at E3.

Once they do ports of Mariomaker and Smash 4, what else is there?

If they made a Smash 4 port that includes all DLC for free like they did with MK8D, I'd get it.

Nope, your guys loss. If you wanted the games you should enjoy gotten a Wii U. A port here and there is fine, I just don't want the Switch to be filled up with Wii U ports, I shouldn't have to suffer through Wii U ports when I bought them on a Wii U. I'd rather have Smash 5, a new yoshi, a new donkey kong, hyrule warriors 2, etc. Focus all the resources on that, and don't give me that bs "nobody got to play those games" 8 million people bought MK8 on Wii U, obviously it's nowhere close to Wii numbers, but it beat out older Mario kart titles on higher selling systems. Same goes for most other Wii U Nintendo made games, most sold at least a mil copies, some beating out older titles final sales on higher install bases.

Oh and don't give me the ol "porting games isn't taking away from new games". Technically we don't know for sure either way.