By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U port begging (on Switch)

Needs to stop. Sorry you didn't get to play those games, but you should have gotten a Wii U to play them, I did, and I really don't want to waste Switch space/development time with games I already played within the last 2-3 years. I want to play new original titles/sequels.

Around the Network

I was just thinking I'd love to play Super Mario 3D World and Smash Bros on the Switch in handheld mode lol

It's probably in your best interests to just get used to it and not stress over it, as I imagine we still have a few coming.

I agree with OP. You had your chance.

Don't fault people for making a decision to not buy some product they deemed not worth their time, as clearly the vast majority agreed with that population. And yes, I'd like to see new developments on the Switch as well, but who's to say that these ports take up so much time and effort that these new things won't happen? Nobody.

Well I wouldn't mind it if porting it to the Switch will cost very less amount of time for Nintendo

Or

Won't impact the new switch games.

Games that didn't really do well on the Wii U(W101, TMS#FE) will be a very good idea to put on the Switch.

And I think the "play on the go" of Wii u games will be a great selling point. Imagine Bayonetta, 3D World, Xenoblade X on the go! Users who didnt buy it on the Wii u + Double Dippers! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

It's low risk/high reward. And it's not like EAD1 is gonna make those games. Case and point: the Mario Kart team is developing Arms, and someone else ported MK8D (probably an external team or a small group of new devs).
And I mean... if you already have a Switch, you clearly don't mind ports...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I love ports. You get enhanced version of games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with all the dlc with new tracks and characters.

I have a Wii U but I want more ports on Switch.

Lol, WiiU has the lowest tie ratio of any Nintendo home console. Maybe if WiiU owners would have bought more software Nintendo wouldn't have to recoup all those losses they made.

Most of WiiU's games never should have been exclusive to WiiU anyway, they should have been on Wii too.

Given Switch has no backwards compatibility then WiiU owners can keep 'muh HD Zeldaz' and Wonderful 101 but everything else can be remastered, y'know, like Super Mario Allstars.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

They do need to bring a more robust version of Mario Maker and Smash Brothers over, sooner rather than later. These are easy library fillers that would invite a wide range of players. Both are highly suited for the switch lifestyle. Added to the current momentum, these would almost certainly solidify the console's success going forward.