By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U port begging (on Switch)

rjason12 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Also just think with the ease of porting from Wii-U to Switch from the looks of MK8D it would be insane to expect Nintendo not to profit from that fairly obviously designed in feature that the Switch has to make the porting easier.

I want my companies to make money giving me content that I want to play, what benefit is it if they don't port the things over is what I want to know? Their customer who didn't move from WiiU will feel happier with his WiiU getting to have software that can run that Switch owners wont be able to enjoy? Hate to point this out, but if you are keen on sticking with the WiiU and not moving to the switch then you're no longer a current Nintendo customer and your dollar no longer dictates their actions since they aim to please their customers here and now.

I have a Switch and a Wii U, I stuck through the rough patch (Wii U) others did not, they should miss out, because if they really wanted to play the games they should have bought a Wii U. And I seem to notice that a lot of the Wii U port pushers are the same ones that constantly tell others to stop begging for PS4/Xbone ports. 

Good for you having enjoyed the rough patch, others didn't go down that route they got another console instead while Nintendo messed about with what was basically a before its time Switch prototype, think of it like this, you got to enjoy games like MK8D almost 3 years before those who skipped that Nintendo Generation, be happy that more people get to enjoy the title now rather than have that sully your enjoying it for so long before the others.

I dunno... if I have a bar of chocolate and enjoy it... then see someone else with a bar of it... doesn't make mine taste any less sweet, in fact in your case you could give a wink and say that you've been enjoying that sweet taste for 3 years, rather than get upset that others are now having it as well as ya.

I Just don't see the logic in hoping Nintendo doesn't make money from software they've already put so much time into, do you want to see them make less money?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
WagnerPaiva said:

John Nintendo III, the owner of the company is a Vgchartz user.

Not to be confused with Nintendo John. A local man convicted of strangling 7 prostitutes while wearing Luigi cosplay.

LOL. Good ol´Nintendo Joe and his unchanging prostitute strangling, Luigi cosplay wearing ways... =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Ganoncrotch said:
rjason12 said:

I have a Switch and a Wii U, I stuck through the rough patch (Wii U) others did not, they should miss out, because if they really wanted to play the games they should have bought a Wii U. And I seem to notice that a lot of the Wii U port pushers are the same ones that constantly tell others to stop begging for PS4/Xbone ports. 

Good for you having enjoyed the rough patch, others didn't go down that route they got another console instead while Nintendo messed about with what was basically a before its time Switch prototype, think of it like this, you got to enjoy games like MK8D almost 3 years before those who skipped that Nintendo Generation, be happy that more people get to enjoy the title now rather than have that sully your enjoying it for so long before the others.

I dunno... if I have a bar of chocolate and enjoy it... then see someone else with a bar of it... doesn't make mine taste any less sweet, in fact in your case you could give a wink and say that you've been enjoying that sweet taste for 3 years, rather than get upset that others are now having it as well as ya.

I Just don't see the logic in hoping Nintendo doesn't make money from software they've already put so much time into, do you want to see them make less money?

I'm not even getting upset, just tired of all this port talk. I'd rather Mario kart 9 have come out instead of a deluxe 8, now I'll have to either wait till the end of the gen for a brand new Mario kart title (if they don't stick with the one per console method and just do 9 on the next system). It's not like Mario kart is a yearly franchise. And again if people wanted to enjoy Wii U games, they should have done what the rest of us did and ponied up for the system. 

Now, money wise I know it was a great decision, totally agree with you guys there. To be totally honest the extra content in the deluxe was likely dlc that they held off releasing for this release, if say a good amount of content is released for the Mario kart (more tracks, characters, etc) I'd consider buying it myself, I just think that rereleasing all of Wii U's big games on Switch is a major slap in the face to us, the ones that supported Wii U through its lifecycle.

Though to be honest if they release a smash deluxe with all the content (plus extra) from the 3ds and Wii U versions, id likely but that day 1.

What makes the Switch different for me is that it has the portable aspect. There idea of easily taking Smash or Mario on the go makes me want a lot of ports and remasters of games from past systems.

Not everything should be ported. Only the obvious games that would be a worth it financially, and that aren't yet because of WiiU or late WiiU release.

Mario Kart 8 and Smash are obvious. It saves them full blown development costs of making a new game, They can just focus on added content. For example, I wouldn't mind another DLC pack for MK8D that adds more battle maps, characters, and 4 more race cups. It would make it two Mario Karts in one (content wise).

The only other one I can think of to benefit off a port is Paper Mario Color Splash. And maybe DKCTF.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Speaking as a Wii U owner, I can see Nintendo doing a couple more ports such as Mario Maker and Smash 4 theoretically. And I'm fine with that; I don't mind Nintendo trying to make more money or new Switch owners playing those games. And the system just came out, so ports can be a good way of shoring up an early software library.

But if E3 comes and the majority of Nintendo's "new" releases are Wii U ports (or ports from other systems for that matter), and there is very little in the way of original games (or even sequels), I do think Nintendo is going to suffer down the road and have the reputation of putting out very little new software that plagued them during the Wii U era.

So while I think the angst over Wii U ports to Switch is premature for now, I do hope Nintendo will bring plenty of new content to the Switch as well.

If the games don't really impact the development of other titles, then I don't really mind too much

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ganoncrotch said:

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I honestly don't think he will.

IIRC, on of Sony's exclusives (The Last of Us) was remastered for the PS4 a year after the PS3 version came out.

Platform(s)

PlayStation 3
Release
  • WW: June 14, 2013

Platform(s)

PlayStation 4
Release
  • NA: July 29, 2014
  • PAL: July 30, 2014

1 year and one month, Damn it and they promised me... they sat me down and swore to me that they would never put the games I bought on one console onto another more popular machine at the time.... Sony held my hand... they looked into my eyes and whispered... 10 years .... you have my software tied to that system you love for 10 years, I promise.

Then I woke up and thought, fuck yeah, the company I love is making money selling games that their customers want, it's a good thing they aren't going to keep games on a system people didn't want just to keep someone happy until the point where they are a decade old and no one wants them... because that would be mental.

The Last of Us was on the PS3, a system that even not counting of its games that were remastered is one of the greatest systems of all time. On the other hand, the Wii U is a piece of sh*t like the Atari Jaguar or the 3DO, making Nintendo a sh*t manufacturer, since neither Sony nor Microsoft ever made such a turd (and no, the Vita isn't a turd). And you don't see any 3DS games remastered, and you will never see Switch games remastered on the Switch 2 after one or two years, it's only the people who bought a Wii U who gets sh*t on by Nintendo and people like you who defend Nintendo sh*tting and humilliating their most loyal customers so you can get games and save money you didn't spend on a Wii U.

Also Nintendo keeping all of their Wii U games on the Wii U is not mental, it's the very least they should have done, otherwise they should have not released the Wii U at all. Nintendo re-releasing Wii U games on Switch is evil, and all the people who want those games and didn't buy a Wii U are also evil. They deserve to be scammed, and hopefully Nintendo scams you as well.

User moderated -RavenXtra

There's no reason for Nintendo not to bring over their entire Wii U library to the Switch either as remasters, collections or straight up ports.
If I were Nintendo I'd put smaller teams (external and internal) on bringing as much content to the Switch as possible. Some of them could be timed to release before a sequel (Xenoblade before Xenoblade 2).

Examples:

Remasters

Hyrule Warriors

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Super Mario Maker

Collections

Pikmin 1-3

Zelda collection incl. Twilight Princess HD and Wind Waker HD

Xenoblade

Super Mario 3D World incl. Captain Toad

Bayonetta

Super Mario Bros U incl. Luigi DLC

eShop

The Wonderful 101

Project Zero: Maiden of Blackwater

Tokyo Mirage

I would like to see on Switch:

- Hyrule Warriors + all DLC and new content (from BotW)

- Super Smash Bros. WiiU + all/few DLC and new content (Splatoon map and characters)

Remaster Super Mario Maker would be pointless. Much better choise is Super Mario Maker 2.