By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jim sterling gives Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a 9/10.

Mnementh said:
Jim obviously is paid by Nintendo to give this OLD (!!!) game such a good review. most reviewers are in Nintendopockets, don't trust the scores. Look at the user scores, which are a lot lower!

F'nar and Lessa would be very sad to read you...

The game is amazing honestly and it fits right at home on the Switch :)
Yes, the game was out on the WiiU, but it should not affect the score imo. A good game is a good game at the end.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Mummelmann said:

Isn't that an extremely subjective stance to take? What's to stop others from having a subjective stance claiming the opposite?

apparently :p 

Not naming any names but some people have the attitude that all of gaming revolves around their own personal favorite console manufacturer.  You're either Lawful Good and like the same pieces of hardware and software or you're Chaotic Evil and like other, more evil pieces of software and hardware.  They're only able to see the world as Luke vs. Vader in a Tables match.

I mean, obviously, if someone's personal opinion about a game doesn't match up with my own personal opinion about a game then they MUST have some hidden agenda and they were probably trained by the CIA.  

At the end of the day, Sterling giving Mario Kart a high score is solid proof that he hates Nintendo.

I really appreciate that the people making jokes about  people being ridiculous actually beat the people being ridiculous. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Mummelmann said:
So he gets shit for Zelda score because it was too low and now he gets shit for the MK score because it's suspiciously high. He can't get a break from the conspiracy corps, it seems.

8.  That's the ticket.  8 is that perfect score that nobody ever seems to bitch about, lol.

Paperboy_J said:
Mummelmann said:
So he gets shit for Zelda score because it was too low and now he gets shit for the MK score because it's suspiciously high. He can't get a break from the conspiracy corps, it seems.

8.  That's the ticket.  8 is that perfect score that nobody ever seems to bitch about, lol.

He should try that. If people really want some reviews to complain about though, they should watch Zero Punctuation, he butchers every single game he tries.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Mnementh said:
Jim obviously is paid by Nintendo to give this OLD (!!!) game such a good review. most reviewers are in Nintendopockets, don't trust the scores. Look at the user scores, which are a lot lower!

F'nar and Lessa would be very sad to read you...

The game is amazing honestly and it fits right at home on the Switch :)
Yes, the game was out on the WiiU, but it should not affect the score imo. A good game is a good game at the end.

Nice to have someone knowing my name. And my post is probably not meant completely serious.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

pokoko said:
Zekkyou said:

apparently :p 

Not naming any names but some people have the attitude that all of gaming revolves around their own personal favorite console manufacturer.  You're either Lawful Good and like the same pieces of hardware and software or you're Chaotic Evil and like other, more evil pieces of software and hardware.  They're only able to see the world as Luke vs. Vader in a Tables match.

I mean, obviously, if someone's personal opinion about a game doesn't match up with my own personal opinion about a game then they MUST have some hidden agenda and they were probably trained by the CIA.  

At the end of the day, Sterling giving Mario Kart a high score is solid proof that he hates Nintendo.

And some people has the attitude of remaining completely blind when they are interested. Keep convincing yourself nothing strange happened with that Zelda review, but it only defines you more, since you have always questioned the objectivity of Jim and said he only looks for attention, however now that we talk about Zelda you question those who question Jim just as you have been doing for a long time now... there's an adjective for that.

Mummelmann said:
Goodnightmoon said:

First of all, that's false, game isn't perfect but not a single issue drags it down, at all.

Second, Jim dislikes Mario kart, he has openly said this several times, is not a kart racer kind of guy, he even gave a 5/10 to MK7, so... how is possible this compeltely change of mind about the franchise with an enchanted port? He didn't give any props to WiiU for Mk8, in fact he didn't even reviewed it because he didn't like Mario Kart but now this one is the game that shows how great is the Switch? Wtf? One thing is for sure, Jim makes no freaking sense when it comes to reviews, is inconsistent as fuck.

Isn't that an extremely subjective stance to take? What's to stop others from having a subjective stance claiming the opposite?

No is not really that subjective, there is no argument to sustain that claim, there is a very good reason why this game has the biggest amount of perfect scores ever, I know some people hates the fact that is close to perfect when compared to every other open world game, but that's how it is.

Damn Dry Bones is back. Sounds nice

Goodnightmoon said:
Mummelmann said:

No is not really that subjective, there is no argument to sustain that claim, there is a very good reason why this game has the biggest amount of perfect scores ever, I know some people hates the fact that is close to perfect when compared to every other open world game, but that's how it is.

But a metascore doesn't dictate subjective experiences. I'm sure you yourself have found flaws, both big and small, in games with high metascores. Heck; I know I always do, that's why I more or less stopped reading reviews during the 7th gen, even huge issues were forgiven or perhaps not even mentioned and crazy scores were dosed out right and left.

You simply can't decide for the entire world that Breath of the Wild doesn't have any subjective issues that could drag down the experience for some. Can't you see how extremely unreasonable that is?

Edit; have you played GTA IV or GTA V? Would you say that these games have no issues that could drag down the experience for anyone? I mean, going by your logic, that has to be the conclusion since their metascores are so high.