By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can ARMS Sell Over/Close to 3mil+ Lifetime Worldwide?

mZuzek said:
Peh said:

Splatoon got a very unique style and characters and a lot of content.

Lol no, Splatoon didn't have a lot of content. It launched with 5 maps.

It still had more content than arms has right now. 4 more characters won't change it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

It depends. Does ARMS have a lot of competition from other games?

ARMS just needs to play well at it's core. Splatoon did that and they were able to add additional content as time went on.

Content check mark boxes don't mean shit if the core game is disappointing.

I think 1.5m-2m is more likely for ARMS, but what do I know?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I wonder if the "but Splatoon sold so well and no one thought it would" argument will be used every time a new Nintendo Ip launches.

I see it selling 1.5m LT.

Around the Network
naruball said:
I wonder if the "but Splatoon sold so well and no one thought it would" argument will be used every time a new Nintendo Ip launches.

I see it selling 1.5m LT.

This. Splatoon was a good exclusive new IP on a system that desperatly needed one. The Switch seems to have a far better position right about now. But even so I could see it doing anywhere from 1 to 4 million copies, depending of the critical reception and advertisement power they put behind it.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I would be surprised to see the game reaching 1M...

FloatingWaffles said:
Peh said:
No... I would be surprised if it reaches 700k

Lmao, I guess Splatoon wasn't enough for people to not judge a game too early. Second times the charm perhaps? 

Lmao Splatoon was the only new IP which was successfully on Wii U. All the other dozen new IP's flopped very hard on Wii U.

Dr.Vita said:
I would be surprised to see the game reaching 1M...

1m is easy.

I plan on buying it, is all I can say on that.

However, I seriously doubt this game will need to sell a ton for Nintendo to make good profits of it. The art style/visuals are amazing, but it is an arena based multiplayer game, not like they had to design massive maps or an open world game with npcs, etc. I'm sure this game didn't cost a TON to make.