By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best graphics on Wii U

Super Smash Bros 4. is still my favorite. Looking at the characters in the results screen really shows off how detailed everything is. And the fact that it's 1080p/60fps is an added bonus.

Around the Network

X. C. X.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

What can you say about quality. Zelda is even out and a ton of people are saying Xenoblade X. To those who don't have it, go get it. It is that impressive visually.

Zelda has bad framerate issues on Wii U, even worse than on Switch, which isn't so bad anymore. so I can understand why people don't want to place it as 'the best.' It's also why I said it was the game that pushes the Wii U to its limits rather than 'the best.' It's like XCX, but with much better models and animations, much higher poly environments, and a physics system that has no comparison in open world games. Texture quality is harder to guage due to the art style but the tech behind Zelda BOTW really does stand head and shoulders above everything else on the system.

For as much flak as the system got for being "underpowered", it has a lot of great looking games.

I might join the choir and sing the praise of Breath of the Wild.

It does have some art direction choices I don't agree with, but everything is so incredibly lush in detail and interactivity.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

IMO, this is probably the best pic in game ever.

i love noctillum and sylvalum at night....

How come no one is mentioning Paper Mario Color Splash??? that game has awesome visuals and art style!

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Mario Kart 8 probably.

Xenoblade X was also incredible at parts. Mario 3D World was a very boring art style but was technically polished to perfection.

And Fast Racing Neo of course. That looks like a PS4 game.

For me, overall best graphics, it's a tie between Zelda BotW, Mario Kart 8 and Xenoblade X

Other outstanding WiiU games in this department are Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Paper Mario Color Splash, Art of Balance, Assassins Creed IV, Captain Toad, Fast Racing Neo, Smash Bros and Mario 3D World

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

That artstyle is just perfect. Good blend of classic and modern graphics, which really fits the game.