By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best graphics on Wii U

Now that the ol' Wii U is done and dusted, what do you think was the best looking game on it, and why?

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild does the most technically demanding stuff for the console, and it shows in its performance.

Breath of the Wild gets that nomination for best Artistic direction but the winner imo still goes to Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade, Zelda: Breath of the Wild all looked great, even smaller games from earlier like mario and donkey kong also looked really good.

Anyway I guess its easy to hand it to Zelda.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

IMO, this is probably the best pic in game ever.

Around the Network

Treasure Tracker is gorgeous. Zelda/Xeno too.

But I think Trine 1 and 2 also deserves some recognition.

I wish I had something original to say, but these games just stand clearly out in my mind:

Tier 1:
Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade X, and as stated just above I remember being rather blown away by some of the scenes in Captain Toad (such as when they were simply walking around under the stars before one is kidnapped, it was positively gorgeous)

Tier 2:
DK: TF was nice but probably not quite on their level, and I'd say the same for Bayonetta 2. Also, the HD remake of Windwaker was absolutely gorgeous, but that's largely due to the art style.

Otherwise, I only own BotW on the Switch but, from what I've seen, it's clearly a tier 1 game as well.

My experience with the Wii-U is quite limited, but I was very impressed with Mario Kart 8.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Malt4zar said:

But I think Trine 1 and 2 also deserves some recognition.

Amen, Trine 2 in particular is a show stopper on Wii U.

I thinking about Zelda BotW, Zelda WW HD and MK8.