By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need your advice: I love a girl but she doesn't play video games

Mr Puggsly said:
Does it really matter? Most couples don't share the exact same hobbies.

As long as she doesn't bitch about you being a gamer, that's good enough.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. There is no need to share the same hobbies. Hell it often helps to have something to do by yourself. My current gf plays some games, that is true but I think she is the first one to actually somewhat like games. ALl my previous relationshisp that went away did not happen due to mour different hobbies but for completely different reasons.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

It's funny, the last thing I want in a GF is for her to play video games and be reallly into sports. I find that those are my time and I'd rather not spend it with someone. Compatibility as many say is more important.

My wife doesn't love games and she didnt love them even before marriage, that really doesn't change anything, I like her and I love her because of other things. You will hardly find girl that has exalty all interests like you, and actually I dont think its good thing to have all same interests, its good to have some interest that are not same.

As someone with fairly minimal romantic experience myself, I guess I'm not in much position to give anyone advice...but maybe just being female myself will be of some help in some way, I don't know. In my experience, guys (indeed people in general :P ) rarely like the same video games I do. However, I will say this: I definitely think that girls and women overall prefer to play as female characters, so maybe that's a part of why you're finding it hard to get her excited about Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemption 2. Try a Tomb Raider game (one of the more recent couple) or Horizon: Zero Dawn with her or something maybe. You might be able to introduce her to the medium in a way that she'll be able to appreciate more that way.

That said, like others have said here, video games are just one thing. If you've got lots of other things in common, it shouldn't matter much. Unless you're a winner like me, that is, and video games form practically your entire "life".

Hope not, gaming is an individual thing for me, everyone else can F off.

Around the Network

Date someone similar to yourself. Contrary to the saying, "opposites attract" -they don't. I worked 2 semesters on the study of relationships and there is absolutely no evidence to support the claim, in fact they have higher divorce rates and are more likely to cheat. It puts you at risk. Not saying it can't happen, there's exceptions to every rule. I just saw some misinformation being posted here... it'd be the same if someone was saying to wait 30mins before swimming after you eat e.e

As for your issue, if gaming is THAT important to you. Maybe look elsewhere. If you can handle a difference between the two of you, let it be. You won't be an exact match, but who cares? Plus there are so many game genres and such, I'm sure you could find one you both like.

Your hobbies aren't that important, no need to focus on that.

Long term things like finances, kids, work, moral ideas are the real deal.

When you have a kid you think you're going to have time to play videogames. Lol, that's cute.

Here is my advice: Check the threat title for spelling errors

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

There is one major factor you have to keep in mind. No matter who you end up with, your significant other is always changing and so are you.