By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One Month Later, Where Do You Rank Breath of the Wild?

Tagged games:

Where does BotW rank for you?

Number one! 129 29.45%

Top 5 105 23.97%

Top 10 44 10.05%

Top 25 27 6.16%

Top 50 13 2.97%

Top 100 21 4.79%

Top 250 1 0.23%

Outside the top 250 11 2.51%

Haven't played it 41 9.36%

See results 46 10.50%

Total:438

I really would like to see what are all this people´s tops????

For me No.2
Ocarina of Time is unrepeatable

So
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Metroid Prime
5. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Uncharted 2
7. Metal Gear Solid
8. God of War
9. Super Mario Bros 3

Around the Network

Top 10 games of all time, IMO. I've never found an open-world game to be so engrossing. That, plus the difficulty, weapon variety, combat, exploration, incredible detail, aesthetics, freedom, etc. I can't believe Nintendo nailed the open-world format so well on their first try. 

It's a masterpiece. I haven't felt so strongly about a game since Dark Souls 1 in 2011. One of the best games ever made. 

Hi

I don't know about its global position, but it's surely among the Zelda games that I have liked the least, along with Skyward Sword and the DS entries.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

At this point in time, I feel it's still too soon to say, and I'd need to look through my top 50 list to see where it could fit. It would be very high though. I feel the more I play it, the more I fall in love with it. I just keep finding more things that makes me love the game all the more. Each time I go play in to play I'm more excited to see what I'll find this time, and make even more progression. And most of all, I feel it slowly starts to surpass over Zelda games I've ranked high, climbing higher up to the top. It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

Overall, I am just loving this game. There's just so much to be enjoyed. If there would be one major problem with the game, it would be if I could spare the time to ever try to play a second playthrough and complete as much as I possibly could.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Not sure yet, it's boomerang-ing (yes, this is now a word, you know what it means), through my top favorite Zelda list, and I'm still unsure where it'll land in the end. At best it was my new #3, beaten only by OoT and LA, but replacing TP, and at worst I felt is was more at #6, beaten by those three as well as MM and ALttP, bumping SS down a spot.

Where I feel it lands when I finished the game will impact it's spot in my overall Top favorites list, but if nothing outrageous happens, it'll be in the top 50 for sure. Currently I feel it's around my liking for Majora's Mask, either just before or just after, so my #4 or #5 Zelda game, which would put it in the Top 25 of my All-Time Favorites list.

Of course, the longevity that most other games in my list have to have earned and kept their spots hasn't been tested for BotW yet though...

Around the Network
Asriel said:

Top 5, though games in here have "joint 5" position because I struggle to choose between them. Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy VI, are some of the other games in that league, for me.

That's with 66 hours play (64 shrines, 2 Divine Beasts, 5 towers still to climb).

Edit: I missed the Top 10 option, but I think Top 5 covers it because it's up there with the type of games I'd class as all-time favourites. I wouldn't really be able to rank these or choose a single all-time best ever title. It's the difference between some people seeing 10 as Perfect Score and others seeing 10 as genre defining, I guess.

Yeah I'd be reluctant to put it above the 2 best Metroids but it's right up there. I haven't finished it yet though so I haven't decided yet.

TOP 5

Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
The more I play, the higher it goes. It's hard for a modern game to compete with the nostalgia filled joys of my childhood like LoZ, SMB3 or FF4, and a few later titles like AoE. But Breath does, and it may surpass them. It's like a perfect game, I feel like I designed it myself. I think it's my #1.

That's a great way to put it. Often when I'm playing I smile to myself because I'm doing something I would have written into a game :)

Isn't it like that though?  It reminds me of being a 10 year old kid playing Zelda and if you had asked me at the time, what would be the ultimate Zelda, I would have said things like way more weapons to find, way bigger world, beautiful visuals, etc, etc.  The game is like Zelda on steriods, and then some.  Each batch of enemies you find, you start looking for ways to creatively take them out, and anything is possible.  Fly in from above, drop bombs, light flames, whatever.  it's all possible.  Each province is quite litterally the size of a previous Zelda game on its own.  Each shrine like a mini-dungeon.  It's amazing in every respect.

Top 3. Only Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy share the same tier in my book.

Top 5, there is no number 1 game for me.