By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One Month Later, Where Do You Rank Breath of the Wild?

Tagged games:

Where does BotW rank for you?

Number one! 129 29.45%

Top 5 105 23.97%

Top 10 44 10.05%

Top 25 27 6.16%

Top 50 13 2.97%

Top 100 21 4.79%

Top 250 1 0.23%

Outside the top 250 11 2.51%

Haven't played it 41 9.36%

See results 46 10.50%

Total:438

for me its top 100, its a great game but deff. not my favourite zelda, nintendo or RPG.

Big step up for nintendo however and the graphical design and open world where truely magical. But when compared to games I already played this gen, like uncharted, forza horizon, the witcher and many otherers it would barely make it in the top 10 this gen.

Even Nier Automata, which released around the same time impressed me more, and dont get mad nintendo fans, I love the game. But for me personally its just that a great game but not one of the best ever.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Second favorite, after OoT. The main thing I didn't like was the VA. Sounded like arse

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

spurgeonryan said:
Platina said:
I still haven't beaten a dungeon yet, but so far so good

At the moment, it should be within the top 25 but is still unranked since I haven't played enough of it

Not even sure I have found a dungeon yet.

Just set your map to the main objective and you can find out

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

#1 Just because the cooking mechanic and the latin american spanish dub are so freaking perfect.

And the gay Urbosa/Zelda cutscene.

I haven't played it yet, but it looks fun :)

The last Zelda I played was OoT on the 3DS and i really didn't enjoy it so here's hoping this one will sway me :)

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
for me its top 100, its a great game but deff. not my favourite zelda, nintendo or RPG.

Big step up for nintendo however and the graphical design and open world where truely magical. But when compared to games I already played this gen, like uncharted, forza horizon, the witcher and many otherers it would barely make it in the top 10 this gen.

Even Nier Automata, which released around the same time impressed me more, and dont get mad nintendo fans, I love the game. But for me personally its just that a great game but not one of the best ever.

Well if you ever have a chance to play Zelda, you should it's a lot of fun;). Ok, I am highly suspicious that you actually played the game.  

Reasons:  Your best games are all on the PS4.  It takes roughly 40 hours to finish horizon and 60ish hours minimum to adequately get through zelda and experience most of what it has to offer.  You also mentioned the witcher and neir, witcher is a long game as well, not sure about nier.  Point being that I find it highly unlikely you've finished all those games.   Then u put uncharted 4 on that list, uncharted 4 is by far the weakest entry in the uncharted series outside of the first one.  And finally you said "don't get mad Nintendo fans".  If you weren't biased, then chances are you shouldn't care.

Anyways, that's my case  for why you either havent played it, or haven't  played enough to judge it.  Personally I could care less either way, I just felt like trying to be a lawyer today lol.

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:
malistix1985 said:

Well if you ever have a chance to play Zelda, you should it's a lot of fun;). Ok, I am highly suspicious that you actually played the game.  

Reasons:  Your best games are all on the PS4.  It takes roughly 40 hours to finish horizon and 60ish hours minimum to adequately get through zelda and experience most of what it has to offer.  You also mentioned the witcher and neir, witcher is a long game as well, not sure about nier.  Point being that I find it highly unlikely you've finished all those games.   Then u put uncharted 4 on that list, uncharted 4 is by far the weakest entry in the uncharted series outside of the first one.  And finally you said "don't get mad Nintendo fans".  If you weren't biased, then chances are you shouldn't care.

Anyways, that's my case  for why you either havent played it, or haven't  played enough to judge it.  Personally I could care less either way, I just felt like trying to be a lawyer today lol.

I am quite the nintendo veteran, on Wii-U I would rank Zelda behind Xenoblade, which was a charm, altough being able to walk trough cars was weird...

Anyway, Your reasons are lacking not mine, I did not mention Horizon or mention only PS4 games, read again. Personally I do think Uncharted was better and Nier was better recently, but I ment Forza Horizon 3, the racing game on xbox not Horizon, I would personally rank Zelda above that since I did not play Horizon Zero Dawn lol.

The best Zelda games where made on N64 for me but I don't think this zelda topped the witcher for me, personally I liked the more mature setting and story-wise zelda could never hold a candle to most of the games I mentioned, but gameplay wise it is very good and the graphics and world gave me the scense of some of the older games, true "adventur" feeling and I loved that but in the end I think something Nier and Forza Horizon (RACING GAME) did better was just... fun. Zelda started to feel a little like a chore after a certain amount of time and altough I know its possible to finish the game quicker then I did I did want to climb everything and explore everythig but ended up not liking it as much as when I just started.

Now for a game like the witcher every expension, side quest and moment just made me want more. So yeah, theres that.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

It's my fourth favorite game after Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and Pokemon Crystal. I have put over 60 hours into the game and absolutely loved it.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

malistix1985 said:
JakDaSnack said:

I am quite the nintendo veteran, on Wii-U I would rank Zelda behind Xenoblade, which was a charm, altough being able to walk trough cars was weird...

Anyway, Your reasons are lacking not mine, I did not mention Horizon or mention only PS4 games, read again. Personally I do think Uncharted was better and Nier was better recently, but I ment Forza Horizon 3, the racing game on xbox not Horizon, I would personally rank Zelda above that since I did not play Horizon Zero Dawn lol.

The best Zelda games where made on N64 for me but I don't think this zelda topped the witcher for me, personally I liked the more mature setting and story-wise zelda could never hold a candle to most of the games I mentioned, but gameplay wise it is very good and the graphics and world gave me the scense of some of the older games, true "adventur" feeling and I loved that but in the end I think something Nier and Forza Horizon (RACING GAME) did better was just... fun. Zelda started to feel a little like a chore after a certain amount of time and altough I know its possible to finish the game quicker then I did I did want to climb everything and explore everythig but ended up not liking it as much as when I just started.

Now for a game like the witcher every expension, side quest and moment just made me want more. So yeah, theres that.

First off I said "on the PS4" not "only PS4 games".  But you said forza horizon, which obviously tripped me up, because I didn't know if u meant forza horizon 3 or forza and horizon but forgot a comma lol.  Anyways, the issue with the witcher and every other open world games is the invisible walls, after Zelda I just can't go back to that.  The freedom in Zelda is second to none, and while the witcher 3 might have a great story, the story is still told linearly.  And while that works great pre-Zelda, I love that in Zelda I can get as much or as little story as I want. Anyways, Zelda isn't for everyone, it sounds like you prefer a linear game vs open world while i prefer freedom.  OOT and majoras mask were great for their time, but I don't feel they are as good as botw. 

Something...Something...Games...Something

1. Super Metroid, Metroid Prime

2. Half-Life 2, Okami, Breath of the Wild (in no particular order.)

So yes, top five. Only games more excellent, in my opinion, are Super Metroid and Metroid Prime.