By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch selling life time? (poll)

Ka-pi96 said:
Darashiva said:
I think a lot of it is going to depend on how third party developers support the console. Right now its more or less staying afloat on the promise and strength of Nintendo games, but at some point it has to be able to attract outside developers as well. If it can do that, I can see it selling at least 50 million units, possibly a lot more. If not, then 30 million at best.

Hey, that's the reason I bought a Wii U!

Nothing wrong with that, Nintendo games alone just aren't enough by themselves anymore to really make a console a massive success. More often than not Nintedo's own games are among the best on any of their console's, but for a wider audience the console is going to need support from big third party developers as well in my opinion.

Around the Network

110 million.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

More than Wii levels.

Sellinge live time?
Life time sales? Hm... hard to tell just by a launch, but I think it'll end up dragging sooner than later and don't think it'll cross 50M.

Too early to tell tbh... a year from now we should have a much better idea of how its gonna end up.

Around the Network

I'll tell you in a year's time. I don't even think the games are important it's just the it factor. Something that resonates with many people that was not there for Wii u but was there for ps4. I'd switch has that it factor, we will know in a year

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I think for the current model probably only about 8 million give or take a few million. I think a later revision will sell much better. A Nintendo DS vs DS lite situation. I think a model cheaper to produce than the current model could ship this year or early next year. I think a slightly more compact model with a smaller screen is a possibility to bring the Switch closer to the 3DS size format and make the Switch a more logical choice for previous 3DS owners.

Hard to say, it's so early. 50Mil, that's my stab in the dark.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I still have seen no indication of where it's headed. It started the way I expected, but it will be a while before I can estimate where it might end up. Though I'm sure it'll do better than WiiU.

I think 100m, 80m minimum.

This is assuming that there is a Switch pocket released at the arrival of the first Switch exclusive pokemon game.

The platform in its current form has infinitely more appeal amongst people that I know over the Wii U. No one I know owns a Wii U (I live in the UK) but a handful have a 3DS, the Switch right now has more demand in my friends group than either of those systems. In terms of software its already kicking both Wii U and 3DS' first year lineup wise and I don't expect that to stop any time soon. I think it will have a better chance at securing adult gamers than the 3DS did... at the same time I also heard one parent refer to it as the "Wii 2" to their child :p

I could see the system in its current form selling 50m but I think the completely portable $199 revision that will arrive sometime down the road could double that number. The amount of double dipping will be huge (especially in Japan)