By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch selling life time? (poll)

Since I have stated before and even made a thread about some time ago(albeit we had little information at the time), for the sake to sticking with what I said, I think it will sell more than 100 million lifetime

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I stay with my prediction from some time ago: 50 mil.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
maybe I'm too optimistic, I don't know, but if there's no 3DS successor, 80m is a given

could be 100m if 3rd parties bother to port games

Switch is replacing 3DS and Wii U

Click HERE and be happy 

Don't see a poll :p

I made a minor edit to the title 'sellinge live' to 'selling life'

but I think it's still too early to say, though 50M sounds about right

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I think it will do about as well as the 3DS (maybe a bit better, maybe a bit worse) from where I'm standing right now, but it's hard if not impossible to make any kind of reasonable prediction at this point. Just too many unknowns.

Are we even sure Nintendo is going to handle the hardware in a traditional manner? What happens if there's a Switch 2 ... in like 2 years? What happens if they adopt an upgrade model more akin to tablets or smartphones? Old model becomes the cheaper budget model, new model rakes in new adopters, software library works on all devices.

Around the Network

Where's the poll on holiday?

I'll give 80m as my prediction given it's unified nature.

70 million, something like the 3ds

Soundwave said:
I think it will do about as well as the 3DS (maybe a bit better, maybe a bit worse) from where I'm standing right now, but it's hard if not impossible to make any kind of reasonable prediction at this point. Just too many unknowns.

Are we even sure Nintendo is going to handle the hardware in a traditional manner? What happens if there's a Switch 2 ... in like 2 years? What happens if they adopt an upgrade model more akin to tablets or smartphones? Old model becomes the cheaper budget model, new model rakes in new adopters, software library works on all devices.

Why make a Switch 2 in 2 years when they can do it in 5 or so years when the same tech out in 2 will be much cheaper giving them more control on pricing, right now a traditional type of handling makes more sense. A NSW2 in 5 years that hovers around PS4 level of performance on the go should be afforadble and still a large jump than releasing upgraded model every 2 years.

90-100 million.

The hybrid concept will appeal to more people than many think around here.

50-60M