By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport's Nurburgring Is PS4's Most Beautiful Thing

Turkish said:

walsufnir said:

Well, this time they have to deliver 60fps and can cheap out like last gen - this of course is putting more pressure on the engine.

But let's wait and see what will happen when it finally ships and DF does a video. I won't fall for any trailer again when it comes to GT and graphics.

GT was targeting 60fps and delivered that on PS3 after patches, why are you acting like it was 30fps?

Show me where I act like it was 30fps. Don't reply, you can't, I never said that.

GT on PS3 was never a locked 60fps racer, period.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Turkish said:

That looks last gen compared to GTS.

Honestly if you can't tell the difference between the 2 I'm worried about your vision. GTS replay has a cinematic, almost photo realistic look to it, while Forza looks the same as the replays on 360 versions. It just looks like a game. Their engine is just not as good. The lighting engine on GT is just amazing and adds to the realism of the game, it just puts GTS on a whole new level.

GT was targeting 60fps and delivered that on PS3 after patches, why are you acting like it was 30fps?

The track on GTS looks kinda bland, its the cars that look realistic. The art direction is a bit different but at a technical level they look about equal. GTS is not at another level, its about the same.

They never patched the frame drops and screen tear in GT on PS3. Perhaps they focused too much resolution and the overall presenation suffered. A lower resolution with AA would have been arguably better because it was jaggy galore on PS3.

The track doesn't look blander than what's in Forza, which was heavily criticized for its cartboardbox trees and audience. The only thing that sticks out to me in both Nurburgring footage is that Forza has patches of grass sticking out here and there, but the rest of the field looks arid while in GT the grass looks nicely trimmed. Also this was GT5 on PS3 so not sure how it's gonna be more bland

It's the lighting that makes GT so lifelike, the lighting in Forza is awful in comparison. I mean it makes GT6 still look as good as today's current gen racers.

I remember they were fixing the fps with patches, not real 60 but close. Also GT on PS3 ran at 1080p, which is mindblowing, but if you set the system to 720p the framerate got better.

walsufnir said:
Turkish said:

Show me where I act like it was 30fps. Don't reply, you can't, I never said that.

"Well, this time they have to deliver 60fps"

What does that sound like? When did they not have to deliver 60fps? Are you gonna start another useless argument in a Playstation specific thread?

Turkish said:
walsufnir said:

What does that sound like? When did they not have to deliver 60fps? Are you gonna start another useless argument in a Playstation specific thread?

Because they didn't deliver a locked 60fps last gen. You can run circles around that sentence and act personally attacked, the fact won't change. This time they have to because of VR.

Trunkin said:
SvennoJ said:

DC VR runs at 60, reprojected to 120 (only head movements). I don't know if any titles actually use the 90hz mode. Only Trackmania turbo ups the fps to native 120. Since GT Sports is already 60 fps much less sacrifices need to be made, still some I guess for wider fov and 3D. 120 fps could be possible if that's the only pro enhancement for VR, or perhaps on pro the vr version could look as good as the 2D version on base ps4 while the pro runs the 2D version at close to 4K.

Anyway GT Sport was made with VR in mind. DC converted by apparently bluntly deleting stuff until it stuck to 60 fps. I just hope they don't restrict VR to single player with fewer cars on track or worse only time trial. I don't intend to race without VR anymore :)

Y'know I totally forgot to take the ps4pro into account. GT Sport should absolutely stomp all over Drive Club VR, which I'm convinced was a bit of a rush job, but It'd still be insanely impressive if they manage to hit 120 with this game.

I feel like this may be psvr's next true system seller after RE7 if they don't screw it up somehow. I'm normally not interested in racing sims, but at least for me racing games and horror games seem like they would be uniquely appealing in VR.

DriveClub never had a proper pro patch (it only has a few extra reflections enabled on the pro) Dirt Rally doesn't have any special pro support either afaik. GT Sport is the first game that might be optimized from the start for ps4 pro vr.

Yet as rough as DriveClub looks in VR, it still drew me back in for months of daily racing. Then Dirt Rally, which I had previously traded back in for crappy controls, got me addicted to to its VR version which is a much better way to drive. It's much easier to judge breaking distances and lateral drifting in VR which makes a rally game much easier. So indeed, if they can get it right, it could be even bigger than the RE7 VR hype, as I know a few of my friends who are into VR yet too scared to play RE7 :)

Edit: Even if it 'only' looks as good as the GT5 version above, it will be epic in VR!

It does look good. Pretty amazing how 720p like the video in the op is amazing all of a sudden... Especially considering how much hate splatoon just received.

Still, looks good considering it's in beta. Will be interested in how the final product looks. Especially in VR.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Did you read the quote right?

GT games are known to under deliver on their promised features.  Like I said before we didn't even get all the GT Vision cars in GT6 and the promised audio patch that was suposed to improve the engine sounds never showed up either.  So yeah I say it again I believe it when I see it.  Plus knowing GT they are probably going to give us a bunch of duplicate cars to get to that number.

Say it again and another 10 times, that's what I'm trying to address. You said the quote says 'could' and not 'will' when it clearly says Gran Turismo will end up with 4 to 5 hundred cars. 

Now you either still want to push the 'overpriced demo' narrative by ignoring this or you genuinely misread it. 

it sounds nice, even in the drivers cockpit.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Looks amazing!!!

Turkish said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The track on GTS looks kinda bland, its the cars that look realistic. The art direction is a bit different but at a technical level they look about equal. GTS is not at another level, its about the same.

They never patched the frame drops and screen tear in GT on PS3. Perhaps they focused too much resolution and the overall presenation suffered. A lower resolution with AA would have been arguably better because it was jaggy galore on PS3.

The track doesn't look blander than what's in Forza, which was heavily criticized for its cartboardbox trees and audience. The only thing that sticks out to me in both Nurburgring footage is that Forza has patches of grass sticking out here and there, but the rest of the field looks arid while in GT the grass looks nicely trimmed. Also this was GT5 on PS3 so not sure how it's gonna be more bland

It's the lighting that makes GT so lifelike, the lighting in Forza is awful in comparison. I mean it makes GT6 still look as good as today's current gen racers.

I remember they were fixing the fps with patches, not real 60 but close. Also GT on PS3 ran at 1080p, which is mindblowing, but if you set the system to 720p the framerate got better.

walsufnir said:

GT's lighting doesn't look so lifelike to me, but whatever. Forza and GT are going a different direction on lighting, preference is subjective but other aspects make them technically at par.

The cardboard audience was for Forza 5 and that was a rushed game for launch. Forza 6 made good on that, a much more polished product.

GT6 was not true 1080p. The vertical resolution was 1080p but horizontal was 1440. Its not amazing because the presentation suffers from big frame drops, constant screen tear, etc. If it was actually hitting 60 fps, that would be amazing. Forza 3/4 in comparison are locked at 60 fps, no tear, and overall is a more polished looking games. Forza 3 and 4 were technical marvels in the 7th gen, no other racers deliver performance and visuals at par.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)