By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport's Nurburgring Is PS4's Most Beautiful Thing

SWORDF1SH said:
Chris Hu said:

GT games are known to under deliver on their promised features.  Like I said before we didn't even get all the GT Vision cars in GT6 and the promised audio patch that was suposed to improve the engine sounds never showed up either.  So yeah I say it again I believe it when I see it.  Plus knowing GT they are probably going to give us a bunch of duplicate cars to get to that number.

Say it again and another 10 times, that's what I'm trying to address. You said the quote says 'could' and not 'will' when it clearly says Gran Turismo will end up with 4 to 5 hundred cars. 

Now you either still want to push the 'overpriced demo' narrative by ignoring this or you genuinely misread it. 

If you really want to believe that vague statement from that article you are more gullible then most people.  I'm not buying it and neither did most of the people that bothered to leave a comment in that article.  Like said before GT is known to under deliver on their features.  GT3 was supposed to have weather already that never happened.  GT4 was supposed to have online already that didn't happen.  GT6 was supposed to get a audio patch and a new track every month that didn't happen either plus the rest of the GT Vision cars will never show up either.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Turkish said:

The track doesn't look blander than what's in Forza, which was heavily criticized for its cartboardbox trees and audience. The only thing that sticks out to me in both Nurburgring footage is that Forza has patches of grass sticking out here and there, but the rest of the field looks arid while in GT the grass looks nicely trimmed. Also this was GT5 on PS3 so not sure how it's gonna be more bland

It's the lighting that makes GT so lifelike, the lighting in Forza is awful in comparison. I mean it makes GT6 still look as good as today's current gen racers.

I remember they were fixing the fps with patches, not real 60 but close. Also GT on PS3 ran at 1080p, which is mindblowing, but if you set the system to 720p the framerate got better.

"Well, this time they have to deliver 60fps"

What does that sound like? When did they not have to deliver 60fps? Are you gonna start another useless argument in a Playstation specific thread?

GT's lighting doesn't look so lifelike to me, but whatever. Forza and GT are going a different direction on lighting, preference is subjective but other aspects make them technically at par.

The cardboard audience was for Forza 5 and that was a rushed game for launch. Forza 6 made good on that, a much more polished product.

GT6 was not true 1080p. The vertical resolution was 1080p but horizontal was 1440. Its not amazing because the presentation suffers from big frame drops, constant screen tear, etc. If it was actually hitting 60 fps, that would be amazing. Forza 3/4 in comparison are locked at 60 fps, no tear, and overall is a more polished looking games. Forza 3 and 4 were technical marvels in the 7th gen, no other racers deliver performance and visuals at par.

Constant screen tear? I platinumed GT6, can't rememer it being much of an issue. The native vertical res looked lovely on a 1080p projector, plus many tracks had dynamic lighting and weather, and more cars on track. GT6 was more of a technical marvel than Forza 3 and 4. It had more tracks too. Forza had baked lighting, no rain, less cars on track, 60% of the resolution and removed detail from the tracks outside of time trial.

Lighting has always been more realistic in GT. GT took a lot of assets from older games though which makes it look less polished or less even. Forza simply kept it a slim package. Guess which had more replay value.

I wonder what GT Sport will bring. I like the broad approach of GT so far. A more tigthly focussed effort doesn't seem to have the same lasting appeal.

Thread hijacked and derailed by the same usual ones...

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Say it again and another 10 times, that's what I'm trying to address. You said the quote says 'could' and not 'will' when it clearly says Gran Turismo will end up with 4 to 5 hundred cars. 

Now you either still want to push the 'overpriced demo' narrative by ignoring this or you genuinely misread it. 

If you really want to believe that vague statement from that article you are more gullible then most people.  I'm not buying it and neither did most of the people that bothered to leave a comment in that article.  Like said before GT is known to under deliver on their features.  GT3 was supposed to have weather already that never happened.  GT4 was supposed to have online already that didn't happen.  GT6 was supposed to get a audio patch and a new track every month that didn't happen either plus the rest of the GT Vision cars will never show up either.

GT 1-3 is the best span of racing games in a franchise ever imho. Three top notch, almost flawless racers. Formerly my favorite franchise in gaming. But you're absolutely right about how the franchise has been ever since. It blows my mind sometimes how little people seem to care about how PD has mismanaged the franchise since GT3, or arguably GT4. I guess it's the lack of an alternative on PlayStation. Neither platform really has a fall back option.

In addition to that stuff you listed you can add all the BS about new AI and new physics and damage modeling and improved sound PD promises with each sequel but never delivers. I think GT5 is the last sim racer I've bought, it's sad what has happened to the genre on consoles.

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I didn't say that I believed, just pointing out your lie. But if Kaz Yamauchi says there's going to be 4-5 hundred cars it could fall half short, it'll pretty much kills your glorified demo narrative. Maybe you should stop trying to push it.

But I'll say it again, Kaz said there "will"  be 4-5 hundred cars and even though the quote was there in your reply, you claimed that it said "could". Not much to defend really. You misread or lied because that quote puts Gran Turismo in a good light. Especially when in the same quote said that those 4-5 hundred cars will feature no standard models. 

Around the Network

Just received my beta invite.

Project Cars and Driveclub are also gorgeous, for some reason Forza does not appeal to me, but these two do.
I love the career thing on Project Cars, going from humble beginnings into stardom, so cool.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

SWORDF1SH said:
Chris Hu said:

I didn't say that I believed, just pointing out your lie. But if Kaz Yamauchi says there's going to be 4-5 hundred cars it could fall half short, it'll pretty much kills your glorified demo narrative. Maybe you should stop trying to push it.

But I'll say it again, Kaz said there "will"  be 4-5 hundred cars and even though the quote was there in your reply, you claimed that it said "could". Not much to defend really. You misread or lied because that quote puts Gran Turismo in a good light. Especially when in the same quote said that those 4-5 hundred cars will feature no standard models. 

I don't know how it might having 4-5 hundred cars eventually puts GT Sport in good light, GT6 had over 500 premium cars and they where able to add over 150 new premium cars.  The gap between GT6 and GT Sports is going to be greater then the gap between GT5 and GT6 and the game will launch with only 140 cars.  Forza Motorsports 5 got slammed hard for only launching with 200 cars but that game took less then two years to develop.  GT Sport will take more then three years to develop and will only launch with 140 cars.

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I don't know how it might having 4-5 hundred cars eventually puts GT Sport in good light, GT6 had over 500 premium cars and they where able to add over 150 new premium cars.  The gap between GT6 and GT Sports is going to be greater then the gap between GT5 and GT6 and the game will launch with only 140 cars.  Forza Motorsports 5 got slammed hard for only launching with 200 cars but that game took less then two years to develop.  GT Sport will take more then three years to develop and will only launch with 140 cars.

I cant remember where i know this from, but according to Kaz the game was suppose to come out in 2015 or 16, but they had to scrap almost the entire engine except for the physic engine and build around it, and also the deals with FIA super license and some vision Gran Turismo Cars made the development slow. Although I agree its unacceptable that sony allows Kaz to take so much time  to delivere a game, while they close down Driveclub Studio for atleast launching a game, albeit broken but still sold really well. I think if GTSport underperforms sales wise, sony will have to take some harsh decision regarding the future of the series and the studio. Kaz is the last Ken in that Sony stable.

By the way the last time forza and GT went head to head.. it was GT that scored better and sold better. GT6 and Forza 5