By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport's Nurburgring Is PS4's Most Beautiful Thing

taus90 said:
By the way the last time forza and GT went head to head.. it was GT that scored better and sold better. GT6 and Forza 5

Yes, 79 to 81 which is telling how bad both games were.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
taus90 said:
By the way the last time forza and GT went head to head.. it was GT that scored better and sold better. GT6 and Forza 5

in my books those scores are not bad at all, considering how games keep improving with patches and all. But my point remains and the only thing Forza has over GT is its consistent in release cycles.

taus90 said:
walsufnir said:

in my books those scores are not bad at all, considering how games keep improving with patches and all. But my point remains and the only thing Forza has over GT is its consistent in release cycles.

No, your point was to cherrypick one example where GT had a better score than Forza which was over 90 for 3 and 4 and went back to 87 with number 6.

If you think that the release cycle is the only thing that's the only better thing Forza has over GT, that's fine but factually incorrect.

walsufnir said:
taus90 said:

No, your point was to cherrypick one example where GT had a better score than Forza which was over 90 for 3 and 4 and went back to 87 with number 6.

If you think that the release cycle is the only thing that's the only better thing Forza has over GT, that's fine but factually incorrect.

I don't know just because couple of games got over 90+ score 10 years back doesnt "Factually" state its a better series. Still if we average out metacritic scores of all the 6 games for both series, then GT comes out at 89.6 and forza at 88.5. but still if you want to be stuck with the fact that 10 years back score were better for Forza so its a better series and completely ignore current gen entries performed, then ur most welcome

taus90 said:
walsufnir said:

I don't know just because couple of games got over 90+ score 10 years back doesnt "Factually" state its a better series. Still if we average out metacritic scores of all the 6 games for both series, then GT comes out at 89.6 and forza at 88.5. but still if you want to be stuck with the fact that 10 years back score were better for Forza so its a better series and completely ignore current gen entries performed, then ur most welcome

As annoyingly predictable as those like him are with their constant downplay, derailing and stealth trolling, I must point out that there are no current gen GT title to compare with current gen Forza titles.

Around the Network

Not that impressed tbh, there are several (bunch of) frames where you can tell that it's not real, it's just cgi. 

GarlandSteve74 said:
Driveclub looks better.

Gran Turismo Sport is 60fps and also has HDR which you can't see here.

Intrinsic said:
Azzanation said:

But will it be better? Thats the more important question. 

Sales doesnt and never means better.

Wait.. so now forza is considered better than GT?

anyways, lets not get into it, I think it will be better. And I am sure you would say Forza would be better.... so we can just agree to disagree here and now.

Since Forza started in 2005 it has absolutely destroyed Gran Turismo.  It's really not even close.  

On top of that Polyphony makes us wait an average of 4 years between titles.

Why does it take them so long to make games that don't even measure up to the annual releases from Turn 10?

Maybe this one will be different but I have a feeling Forza 7 is going to be a much better game than GT:S.

16 years ago GT:3 was the best racing game on the planet.  

12 years ago Forza took that crown and has never looked back.

Metacritic:

GT 4 - 89 Metacritc (2005)

GT 5 - 84 Metacritic (2010)

GT 6 - 81 Metacritic (2013)

Forza - 92 (2005)

Forza 2 - 90 (2007)

Forza 3 -92 (2009)

Forza 4 - 91 (2011)

Forza 5 - 79 (2013)

Forza 6 - 87 (2015)

FH - 85 (2012)

FH 2 - 86 (2014)

FH 3 - 91 (2016)

Forza has both the quality and the quantity. 

Yep, to almost everyone viewing this fairly casually on a relatively small screen they will think this is real footage, unless told otherwise. Pretty impressive.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

walsufnir said:
taus90 said:

Oh boy... an 81 is a bad score aswell now? Man... its 90+ or go home nowadays. Crazy!