By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport's Nurburgring Is PS4's Most Beautiful Thing

Looks good but not the most beautiful stuff you ever saw on PS4 and also nothing you could confuse with the real world (that's a huge exaggeration to say you can't distinguish it from the real world)

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

We'll probably get the GT7 version of that track on the ps5 in 3/4 years at this rate.  Not even that long lol.  But yeah typo in my original post. 

At least wait for them to release GT6 first lol .

Eh?

Forza Horizon 3 and especially Driveclub look way better than this...

thismeintiel said:
Chris Hu said:
Meh, the game itself is going to be a major letdown its taking forever to be released and it will launch with less cars then FM5 did.

Yea, it also lacks the next gen features of flat people and trees.

I take flat people and trees over standard cars and other PS2 assets that made up a large chunck of both GT5 and GT6 both of those games where half assed even though GT5 Prolouge sold more then enough to pay for the development of both of those games.

Trunkin said:

DriveClub looks very basic in psvr apart from the excellent car interiors. VR is what I'm buying GT Sport for mostly. Hopefully the visuals don't suffer too much in VR on the pro. The environments in Dirt Rally already look better in psvr than DriveClub, however the car interiors suck. Maybe GT Sport can deliver both.

Dunno if they'll give the option of sweet 120fps like Track mania turbo on the pro, but one can always dream.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
SvennoJ said:

Eh?

Damnit i meant Sport . Fucking Karma xD .

Haha I was wondering 

Chris Hu said:
Meh, the game itself is going to be a major letdown its taking forever to be released and it will launch with less cars then FM5 did.

Partley Aagreed, quialty wise ill be up there with the best of them.  And it will smoke 3 Forzas put together sales wise.

The online heavy worries me, and lack of older greats like Supra 3000gt ex.  Seriously where the F are the legendary rides.  

SvennoJ said:
Trunkin said:

DriveClub looks very basic in psvr apart from the excellent car interiors. VR is what I'm buying GT Sport for mostly. Hopefully the visuals don't suffer too much in VR on the pro. The environments in Dirt Rally already look better in psvr than DriveClub, however the car interiors suck. Maybe GT Sport can deliver both.

Dunno if they'll give the option of sweet 120fps like Track mania turbo on the pro, but one can always dream.

Yeah, Driveclub VR looks pretty ugly, btt some sacrifices had to be made to get the game from 30fps to 90(?). That'll be an interesting comparison though, Driveclub VR vs GT VR. I'd put my money on GT there.

I wouldnt bet on 120fps though, lol.

Trunkin said:
SvennoJ said:

Yeah, Driveclub VR looks pretty ugly, btt some sacrifices had to be made to get the game from 30fps to 90(?). That'll be an interesting comparison though, Driveclub VR vs GT VR. I'd put my money on GT there.

I wouldnt bet on 120fps though, lol.

DC VR runs at 60, reprojected to 120 (only head movements). I don't know if any titles actually use the 90hz mode. Only Trackmania turbo ups the fps to native 120. Since GT Sports is already 60 fps much less sacrifices need to be made, still some I guess for wider fov and 3D. 120 fps could be possible if that's the only pro enhancement for VR, or perhaps on pro the vr version could look as good as the 2D version on base ps4 while the pro runs the 2D version at close to 4K.

Anyway GT Sport was made with VR in mind. DC converted by apparently bluntly deleting stuff until it stuck to 60 fps. I just hope they don't restrict VR to single player with fewer cars on track or worse only time trial. I don't intend to race without VR anymore :)

Azzanation said:
Intrinsic said:

but will end up selling more than the last 3 forza games combined.

But will it be better? Thats the more important question. 

Sales doesnt and never means better.

Gt > Forza 

by default.