By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn worldwide sales top 2.6 million (sell-through)

estebxx said:

Some fanboys trying to downplay this HARD

Dont know where this eight million number came but it obviously not a number for the first or second week, it has to be a life time number which makes that post even more funny.

where is this from? is this one of the hardcore xbox guys? shitting on a great number for a new IP like this is sad

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
celador said:

where is this from? is this one of the hardcore xbox guys? shitting on a great number for a new IP like this is even funnier given how games like Gears and Halo have performed this gen

We don't need to hit below the belt while congratulating Horizon.

ok my bad

Mnementh said:
lonerism said:
Awesome news!

So much for Sony sending this game to die

And with a female protagonist! I remember Ubisoft devs saying that female characters don't sell games?

? Ubisoft did say that? Since then? *thinks about Samus, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine*

Well, I don't know the whole story (you can google it)

But it's something with why Assassin's Creed never had a female protagonist

It's something to discuss, not only in the videogame industry. We need more female representation

lonerism said:
Mnementh said:

? Ubisoft did say that? Since then? *thinks about Samus, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine*

It's something to discuss, not only in the videogame industry. We need more female representation

Hadn't it one in a game though? Hmm, maybe it was the Vita-spinoff and Ubisoft isn't counting that. Nevertheless, lame excuse. Obviously Nintendo, Eidos and Capcom could sell games with female leads. Probably more I forgot. So lame excuse Ubi.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

An expansion would be good. I think they should do that and start laying the foundations of Horizon 2 for PS5. When the specs for that are finalised, go full steam ahead. Would be great to have Horizon 2 in the PS5's first year

Around the Network

Well deserved, enjoyed it immensely.

lonerism said:

there are a lot of female protagonists at this point. i'm pretty sure, between games where the character is fixed as a woman and games you can pick your gender, that in  videogames now you can be a woman if you so desire in appraoching 50% of games. this idea that videogames are short of female heroes is a myth imo.

i would also like to see more female antagonists too. i think there is some hypocirsy about equality on the 'bad' side of videogame characters. You wouldn't get away with the torture scene in GTAV if it was on a woman for instance, not today

CGI-Quality said:

In fairness to those who low-balled, I didn't give a solid prediction (unlike Heavy Rain and GT5 - both games that utterly destroyed every low-balled prediction), so I'll go easy on you. ;)

Lifetime prediction for Horizon? Hmmm... 6-7 million.

Well.... its sitting at 2.6M after two weeks. This is march, so say it sells like 1M more betwen now and september. 

If sony somehow decides to drop the PS4 price to $200 and bundles it with Horizon from october/november through to december (which I suspect they would do, I expect Horizon to be the game that replaces the Uncharted 4 bundle) thats another at least 4M sales right there. 

So assuming any of the above things happen, I am saying 7.5-8M by the end of 2017 alone.

Impressive considering it also had stock issues alot of places, being sold out.
I think it ll have legs too.

Wow Guerilla Games did this?
I'm honestly very surprised, though I always thought they did a great job with killzone.