By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn worldwide sales top 2.6 million (sell-through)

I remember there was a poll on how this game will sell first week. I think crow is need to be served.

OT:
Well deserved for it sales. 5M is locked now for this game.
If the 50M plus ads then I think it's already getting profits now. Cool!

Around the Network
celador said:
An expansion would be good. I think they should do that and start laying the foundations of Horizon 2 for PS5. When the specs for that are finalised, go full steam ahead. Would be great to have Horizon 2 in the PS5's first year

PS5 with Horizon 2 as launch title in 2020 would be amazing.

celador said:
lonerism said:

Well, I don't know the whole story (you can google it)

But it's something with why Assassin's Creed never had a female protagonist

It's something to discuss, not only in the videogame industry. We need more female representation

we also need more male representation in certain fields, but that's another issue too I guess

as for gaming especially, there are a lot of female protagonists at this point. i'm pretty sure, between games where the character is fixed as a woman and games you can pick your gender, that in  videogames now you can be a woman if you so desire in appraoching 50% of games. this idea that videogames are short of female heroes is a myth imo.

i would also like to see more female antagonists too. i think there is some hypocirsy about equality on the 'bad' side of videogame characters. You wouldn't get away with the torture scene in GTAV if it was on a woman for instance, not today

Sure, that would be lovely too

I LOVE Jeane in Bayonetta 1 (despite not being the final boss) and Commandant Steele from Borderlands

celador said:
estebxx said:

Some fanboys trying to downplay this HARD

Dont know where this eight million number came but it obviously not a number for the first or second week, it has to be a life time number which makes that post even more funny.

where is this from? is this one of the hardcore xbox guys? shitting on a great number for a new IP like this is sad

This is from Gematsu, and i dont know what he is a fanboy of and honestly i dont care because all fanboys are awful anyway.

Radek said:
poklane said:

It would be amazing, but Horizon Zero Dawn already took 5-6 years to make so it's unlikely.

does that work include making the Decima engine though? 

should be a bit quicker to do the sequel anyway in this genre, as you have more to build on already when you start.

Around the Network
celador said:
lonerism said:

Well, I don't know the whole story (you can google it)

But it's something with why Assassin's Creed never had a female protagonist

It's something to discuss, not only in the videogame industry. We need more female representation

there are a lot of female protagonists at this point. i'm pretty sure, between games where the character is fixed as a woman and games you can pick your gender, that in  videogames now you can be a woman if you so desire in appraoching 50% of games. this idea that videogames are short of female heroes is a myth imo.

i would also like to see more female antagonists too. i think there is some hypocirsy about equality on the 'bad' side of videogame characters. You wouldn't get away with the torture scene in GTAV if it was on a woman for instance, not today

You are right and that's not worth the hassle for Rockstar and any game developers. I think its funny as women want equal rights but when it comes to violence that is acceptable only when done on men and in case of women only when it is done by other women.

I think the gender of the protagonist does not effect the sales of a game.

theprof00 said:
Wow Guerilla Games did this?
I'm honestly very surprised, though I always thought they did a great job with killzone.

Yes I agree Killzone 2 and 3 are some of the best FPS games I've played but they are treated as second rate games in the genre by many gamers and critics. I guess the more weighty feel of the weapons and more strategic gameplay isn't something console gamers like though its popular on PC.

poklane said:
celador said:
An expansion would be good. I think they should do that and start laying the foundations of Horizon 2 for PS5. When the specs for that are finalised, go full steam ahead. Would be great to have Horizon 2 in the PS5's first year

I think with Breath of the Wild's success and the sales benefit it gave to Switch both Sony and Microsoft will have one huge first party game as a cross generation game even delaying the game to be cross generation. I think they will be God of War and Halo 6.

I kind of don't like that but the success of the Switch and Breath of the Wild has set a precedent for other companies.

vizigoth said:
A like Bloodborne but these sales figures matches Bloodborne's lifetime retail sales. That's pretty amazing.

Aw man, that sucks for Bloodborne. I thought it sold more than that, which it totally deserves.

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

Some fanboys trying to downplay this HARD

Dont know where this eight million number came but it obviously not a number for the first or second week, it has to be a life time number which makes that post even more funny.

Don't give this kind of people any attention, Esteban.

But it's so funny, Brandon Lodian (??)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

If it does 2.6m+ sales within 2weeks time, and it had supply issues (sold out ect).... how high do you guys think it ll go lifetime wise?

Can it hit 6m lifetime?

Very impressive

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So like 2.3 million week one. No way it sold over a million the second week, most likely a few hundred thousand after a big drop off from my projected week 1 numbers. That's freaking excellent for a brand new IP in my book