By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn worldwide sales top 2.6 million (sell-through)

ArchangelMadzz said:
But games with female protagonists other than Lara Croft doesn't sell? :O

Sony's been pretty good about female leads.  Horizon, First Light, TLoU part 2, Lost Legacy, and a few others that are slipping my mind have been/are going to be female led.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
lonerism said:
Awesome news!

So much for Sony sending this game to die

And with a female protagonist! I remember Ubisoft devs saying that female characters don't sell games?

? Ubisoft did say that? Since then? *thinks about Samus, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine*

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hey here's a question while we're on diversity. Why hasn't there been an alien led franchise? I mean there's Mass Effect in gaming which could have a Turian, Krogan, Asari, etc. lead. Then there's Star Wars and Star Trek that have aliens to potentially lead and all 3 have messages of inclusiveness sprinkled in like the Empire not having aliens and stuff but they won't let anyone other than the humans save the universe or even be the lead exploring another galaxy.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
But games with female protagonists other than Lara Croft doesn't sell? :O

Sony's been pretty good about female leads.  Horizon, First Light, TLoU part 2, Lost Legacy, and a few others that are slipping my mind have been/are going to be female led.

Gravity Rush, Nier: Automata

estebxx said:

Some fanboys trying to downplay this HARD

Dont know where this eight million number came but it obviously not a number for the first or second week, it has to be a life time number which makes that post even more funny.

Yeah, we see the downplaying of great games a lot in the past weeks.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Very impressive for a new IP.

CGI-Quality said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Beyond: Two Souls and, technicallly, Heavy Rain (Madison Paige)

;p

YES!  Underrated game imo and yeah that was a big one

I am Iron Man

A like Bloodborne but these sales figures matches Bloodborne's lifetime retail sales. That's pretty amazing.

Zombie9ers said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Gravity Rush, Nier: Automata

yes and yes!  I knew there were more just couldn't recall.  In my defense I'm not interested in these titles but they're great in their genre and have female leads.  I think they sold fairly well too especially with Gravity Rush starting on Vita

I am Iron Man

Fully deserved, my favourite game ever.