By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn worldwide sales top 2.6 million (sell-through)

Horizon's a perfect game to bundle with PS4s as well. I expect a $199 PS4 bundle with Horizon this holiday season. This game might do Uncharted 4 numbers when it's all said and done.

Around the Network

That's a massive feat for a new IP in an untested genre. There were quite a few that said that this couldn't sell a lot because GG's previously best selling title only sold 3 million lifetime. And this is why we don't use silly basis like that to predict sales of software.
Congrats GG, let's see if this has any legs now then (I'm not so sure, but 5 million should be reasonable to expect).

Cirio said:
Horizon's a perfect game to bundle with PS4s as well. I expect a $199 PS4 bundle with Horizon this holiday season. This game might do Uncharted 4 numbers when it's all said and done.

lol that's an insane price. We won't be seeing bundles like that for like another two to three or so years. Expect bundles at no less than $250 for now.

I want the DLC to be all about exploring the Forbidden West.

Very impressive. It took some months for Bloodborne to sell 2+ millions.

Around the Network
Kowan said:
I want the DLC to be all about exploring the Forbidden West.

That, or I'd love to go to the Banuk homelands.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well deserved. Not done with the main quest yet, but will certainly buy expansions if they approach Blood & Wine quality.

BraLoD said:
By the way, I hope that means Sony will do more RPGs now... if you know what I mean.

If they started now I'd be fine seeing a new Legend of Dragoon on PS5.

Well looks like my prediction of 4 Million in it's first year is actually too low.

I thought the game could do about 1 million in the first week. But it looks like it well and truly exceeded that. >1.5 million almost certainly.

Nice one.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix