By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch has sold 1.5m units (Superdata)

We need official number from Nintendo.

Around the Network

I guess it didn't sell well in Italy as there is a italian seller on amazon uk selling at the standard price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01M6ZGICT/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Please note it may disappear if you click on the link later.

I thought there was 2 million launch stock but then maybe the launch period is longer than a week. There is still isolated stock about in uk and wider availability in some European countries it seems. I would of thought there's got to be a few countries where Nintendo have over-estimated launch demand. I mean Greece taking 2000, it that all that was shipped there or is there still stock in retail channels?

Also with quite a few issues with the hardware I wonder if there is a fairly high percentage of returned Switch's? Which is often quite high with launch consoles anyway.

Intrinsic said:
wait..... so their 2M number was for the whole of March and not the launch week? Isn't that grossly undercutting it?

And I would think it would have been easier and cheaper making and shipping 2M switch sized boxes/devices than say something like a PS4/XB1. They are also using already established Nvidia tech so its not like they were waiting for parts or something.

Or is this them just being overly cautious due to the WiiU's performance?

Overly cautious I think. To be fair, in their place I wouldn't have made much more for launch, though I would have increased the production earlier (2.5 for lauch month, upped to 3 Millions after reaction to the january press conference and increased production after first preorder infos 10 days later - though don't know if it would have much impact for the launch or only later would show the effect)

Good Job Nintendo, We need this number so Handled gaming will not be dead because of smart device.

Jumpin said:

I think the Switch has the potential to be the biggest selling console since the DS or Wii in Europe. Mostly because it is has the correct form factor for the current market. The TV top console is in a steady decline. I predict the PS5 will be similar to the Switch, except 3-5X more powerful.

Errrrr...... wtf?

SpokenTruth said:

I know.  Nintendo did good, didn't they?   Great launch.  And some people doubted them.

I don't think anyone doubted that nintendo would have a great launch. Even the dreamcast had a great launch. The doubters case lies with how it would perform long term.... and they are still there. Present company included.

Around the Network
NSS7 said:
More than Xbox One but less than PS4.

I don't think that's true...The Xbox One sold a million units in it's first 24 hours and had sold 2 million units in it's first 18 days.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The Switch is a beast.

didnt they say only in major european countries ? so theres still room for improvement

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

if they had supplied more stock and had a more solid launch line-up then they could have potentially sold 2.5 million by now. as soon as Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey launch, sales will skyrocket

Loll superdata. The same people who said Google cardboard would sell 84 million in 2016 even though it took them 19 months to ship 5 million. I wouldn't trust anything from them. Not to say the switch couldn't have sold this much but taking superdata's word for it would be like taking a monkeys word for it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850