By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch has sold 1.5m units (Superdata)

Not a bad number at all.They sold a well amount of their initial launch. Let's see if those sales continue months into the system's life.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Thank God these things aren't being sold at a loss. Nintendo's financial report should be interesting then. I would hope.

Ljink96 said:
Thank God these things aren't being sold at a loss. Nintendo's financial report should be interesting then. I would hope.

Nintendo is good at bringing in profits. Even if the Switch is sold at a loss, BOTW sales would more than make up for it.

Aura7541 said:
Ljink96 said:

Nintendo is good at bringing in profits. Even if the Switch is sold at a loss, BOTW sales would more than make up for it.

The thing is, there is no "if", Switch isn't being sold at a loss :D I forgot all about BOTW, man it's going to be even more interesting because that's going to go on top of Switch profits. I do wonder what Nvidia's plan was with Nintendo, do they get a cut of the profits as well or was that decided when the chip was finished?

Europe - "not far behind Japan"
UK - 85k

...Weird.

Anyway, the next major bump won't be until late April. Don't expect much in terms of sales until then, but that's a good push in terms of momentum.

Around the Network

Is that good?

Something...Something...Games...Something

SpokenTruth said:
Intrinsic said:

I don't think anyone doubted that nintendo would have a great launch. Even the dreamcast had a great launch. The doubters case lies with how it would perform long term.... and they are still there. Present company included.

Yep, because that's what you do in a thread talking about launch sales...you play the "of course it's great but what about future sales" card.

Your Nintendo polarity is consistantly anion. Why?

What?

What are you even talking about? You are the one that brought up doubters, I just clarified that it doing well now was never in doubt. Sheesh....

My post that ou originally quoted didn't even have a single mention about nintendo future sales, if aything i was surprised on the number it sold cause all the while I was thinking the 2M announced was going to be for the launch week instead of month cause i expected them to eat through that number in a day or two.

But thats an anti nintendo thing to talk about? Lol... i didnt even mention sony or MS first week sales.....

So about as expected, really good for Zelda too, an 89% attach rate?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Didn't they say they were shipping 2 million for launch month? 1.5 million makes a lot of sense to me, but with confirmed Spain, France and UK numbers, there's no way the European numbers are correct, those three markets alone moved over 250k if I remember correctly.
Maybe some countries that have historically not been so hot for Nintendo got really small shipments? That seems less likely than a simple error of report.

Not overly surprising. Switch should have a broader audience in general based on its design, plus it can transfer some handheld users to its hybrid approach. NiN's marketing this time around has also been more than adequate in comparison to the Wii U.

I have to give NiN props though. With the PS4 and XB1S they have some stiff competition in the gaming market. Now the big hurdle is going to be keeping whatever momentum they have, after Scorpio launches, as well as through potential $199 PS4 and XB1S bundles this coming holiday season.