By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch has sold 1.5m units (Superdata)

So SuperData compiled all the already pretty obvious numbers in order to give us this. Great work.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Europe - "not far behind Japan"
UK - 85k

...Weird.

Anyway, the next major bump won't be until late April. Don't expect much in terms of sales until then, but that's a good push in terms of momentum.

Why weird?

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

That's a decent start for WW numbers, even though long term success is where Nintendo struggles. We'll see if their overpriced under-powered strategy works out long term.

pcstation4 said:
That's a decent start for WW numbers, even though long term success is where Nintendo struggles. We'll see if their overpriced under-powered strategy works out long term.

Apparently the "underpriced and overpowered" PS4 Pro is doing much worse... so yeah.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Can't wait to get mine. Just waiting to play and beat Mass Effect and then off to get my switch. Hmm I took time off to play ME if I can beat it fast enough I can have plenty of time to play my switch on the break as well.

Around the Network

Good numbers. Now we will have more competition here.

That's pretty damn impressive considering it's essentially riding on Zelda alone right now (1, 2 Switch seems like a glorified demo and Bomberman is well.. Bomberman), and the fact that we're only in March, which isn't exactly a boon time for gaming. It should be very interesting to see how Switch sells during its first holiday season, when more of the big guns (Skyrim, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, etc.) are out.

I just hope Nintendo can keep the big games coming out in a steady stream and throw in some significant indies as stop gaps, so as to avoid those software droughts (though I think they can pull it off now that they're getting the software pipelines of their home AND handheld division, plus Vita and indies).. If they can manage to do that, I think we're in for another big hit from the big N not seen since the Wii.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

happy nintendo had a good opener! But also secretly sad i wont be able to play mario and donkey kong on my xbox one in the future. i was kinda hoping they become 3rd party game maker if the switch fails.

I hate being forced into a system for a handful of games. but switch might do that to me in 4-5 years. I swear ninty would make way more money just making games for ps4,x1,pc. i have a x1 and strong pc. r9 390x.

FallingTitan said:
happy nintendo had a good opener! But also secretly sad i wont be able to play mario and donkey kong on my xbox one in the future. i was kinda hoping they become 3rd party game maker if the switch fails.

I hate being forced into a system for a handful of games. but switch might do that to me in 4-5 years. I swear ninty would make way more money just making games for ps4,x1,pc. i have a x1 and strong pc. r9 390x.

No, its far more profitable to be owner of the platform and taking all the platform profits that comes associated with it than publishing it on other consoles.It is far more profitable to launch on Switch that, lets say, sells 50 million lifetime(and for the sake of the example, lets say that MK 8 sells 25 millions on it) than selling "only" 10 millions more on other platforms.Its more profitable per unit, sells consoles(and gets profit out of it), sells acessories associated with it, if manages to atract new customers, those then transform into more sale buying other games on Switch, etc etc.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
FallingTitan said:

No, its far more profitable to be owner of the platform and taking all the platform profits that comes associated with it than publishing it on other consoles.It is far more profitable to launch on Switch that, lets say, sells 50 million lifetime(and for the sake of the example, lets say that MK 8 sells 25 millions on it) than selling "only" 10 millions more on other platforms.Its more profitable per unit, sells consoles(and gets profit out of it), sells acessories associated with it, if manages to atract new customers, those then transform into more sale buying other games on Switch, etc etc.

lets say the ps4 and x1 and pc have over 200 million users combined. maybe ninty can get 50 more mill says per game. then that would make it better?