By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch has sold 1.5m units (Superdata)

Don't think this has been posted: (source)

- Nintendo has sold 1.5m Nintendo Switch consoles worldwide, SuperData says.

- Most of those figures were for the first week on sale, so the number will now be higher.

- SuperData's estimates are sell-through

- SuperData says 89% of Switch owners have bought the new Zelda game - which amounts to 1.34m in sales

SuperData says that :

US - 500k

Japan - 360k

Europe - "not far behind Japan"

UK - 85k

France - 110k

Pretty much what I was expecting from the Switch launch, I expected pretty much whatever they shipped to sell and for the most part it seems to have happened. Nintendo had better beat there estimate of shipping 2 million units by the end of march though, Switch shortages could continue for a while.

Around the Network

Sounds about right and as everyone expected.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

was expected, the real question is once launch sales are out of the way what will be the weekly numbers

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So, it sold 300k+ in the rest of the world? Sounds unrealistic to me. If Europe is behind Japan, that is. Still the number must be north of 1m.

Wait what? Wasn't it already confirmed that the Switch sold 330k in Japan? And does this also mean that the Switch sold less than 360k in Europe? Which is disappointing because i was hoping for something along the lines of 400k for Europe after hearing about the great success in France and Spain.
So that means the Switch sold less than 120k in the rest of Europe outside the Uk, France and Spain? That's ... low (?) Especially considering that Germany is among the >120k.

Around the Network

NintendoBoom

hmmm haters gona hate !!

TheGamer_1995 said:
Wait what? Wasn't it already confirmed that the Switch sold 330k in Japan? And does this also mean that the Switch sold less than 360k in Europe? Which is disappointing because i was hoping for something along the lines of 400k for Europe after hearing about the great success in France and Spain.
So that means the Switch sold less than 120k in the rest of Europe outside the Uk, France and Spain? That's ... low (?) Especially considering that Germany is among the >120k.

It sold about 2000 in Greece, for example (and some clarify that it is actually the best launch for Nintendo in over 12 years). Wouldn't be surprised if other countries are closer to that number, than the high tens. Outside of Germany, Netherlands, Spain, UK, and maybe Belgium there is not much purchasing power really from consumers. Nor is Nintendo really all that 'hot' in Europe. 

I want to get one for my daughter's birthday in April. Hour they aren't still scarce.

I went by Walmart yesterday to buy some mayonnaise (don't ask...) and I checked the Switch section. It's still a wasteland of empty shelves and broken dreams.

wait..... so their 2M number was for the whole of March and not the launch week? Isn't that grossly undercutting it?

And I would think it would have been easier and cheaper making and shipping 2M switch sized boxes/devices than say something like a PS4/XB1. They are also using already established Nvidia tech so its not like they were waiting for parts or something.

Or is this them just being overly cautious due to the WiiU's performance?

I'm assuming launch day doesn't include all 2m consoles, cause they said they would ship 2m in March, not launch. So this is probably all just sold out numbers. Makes me wonder how it would have gone if they shipped more. Also makes me curious as to when the next 500k will be shipped, assuming the 1.5m was for launch.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]