By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One week later: Switching it up!

Finally got my hands on with my neon Switch this Friday!

Been waiting patiently for the package to arrive, while trying to avoid any further BotW spoilers before I got a go at it.

I'll be setting it up today at my house when I get there, but the experience so far has been great. Co-op on any room, struggling with bow aim while in the car and just playing a little longer before nodding off... jejeje, going to enjoy this little bright one.

Haven't had any issues with it, just that the joy-con straps are harder to take off than I thought. Got the Nintendo case which came with a cover, so if I see any of those "scratches" the console at least is protected. Build quality is nice, I like the size of both the console and joy-cons. From the other issues mentioned online, I didn't notice any syncing problems. What I did like was the HDMI-CEC, the TV turns on and changes HDMI input when you dock or switch on the device, it even turns off with the TV... really cool! 

As a sign off, here's dunkey with Breath of the Wild... maybe spoilers if there are ppl still waiting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Welcome. See you went for two Joycons. I went for pro instead. But I suppose you now technically have 4 controllers. BotW is great but not much on the horizon for me

Nice, have fun! Wish I was able to get a case like you, but my local Wal-Mart didn't have much beyond a couple Joy-Con pairs and one or two pro controllers.

Nogamez said:

Welcome. See you went for two Joycons. I went for pro instead. But I suppose you now technically have 4 controllers. BotW is great but not much on the horizon for me

I wanted to try out the joycons before spending any extra money on them, but NoE released a bundle with Snipperclips (4 player mode)... plus I now have a blue Switch  Also buckled and got a Pro at launch... it was 10eur cheaper at MediaMarkt, and I just thought "Fuck it! I'll test it out on PC meanwhile."

Ultravolt said:

Nice, have fun! Wish I was able to get a case like you, but my local Wal-Mart didn't have much beyond a couple Joy-Con pairs and one or two pro controllers.

So far, so good. Luckily I was able to order the case! Got a friend who is looking everywhere for it, and no luck yet...

I'm off to play some more BotW

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Congrats.
I still can't find one.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

Congrats! I love mine as I just got it as well. Hope yours serves you well!.

TomaTito said:

Finally got my hands on with my neon Switch this Friday!

Been waiting patiently for the package to arrive, while trying to avoid any further BotW spoilers before I got a go at it.

Have fun with BotW.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Have fun with Zelda, I am not joining the switch universe yet but I love it on my WIi-U and if you missed mario kart 8 you should deff also pick that up especially sinc eu have 4 mini controllers

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Congrats! I got mine on Friday and I've been playing non-stop this weekend. I still can't believe this little thing is real.

Those Joy-Con straps are a pain!

But, yeah, I love the versatility of it. And the fact that everything loads so quickly and easily. And of course the fact that local multiplayer is literally built into the system.