By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One week later: Switching it up!

Congrats again :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
manuel said:
Congrats.
I still can't find one.

Arigatou and good luck in your quest! One day you two will meet.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Congrats! I love mine as I just got it as well. Hope yours serves you well!.

Thanks! I didn't think I was going to use the portability that much, but I've rarely played in the TV mode during the weekend. Maybe things will be different at my house.

Mnementh said:

Have fun with BotW.

Did the Plateau shrines, glided off, found a horse, crimson (blood?) moon, and found a stable. That's it... need more!

malistix1985 said:
Have fun with Zelda, I am not joining the switch universe yet but I love it on my WIi-U and if you missed mario kart 8 you should deff also pick that up especially sinc eu have 4 mini controllers

I'm skipping on MK8Deluxe, already played the hell out of MK8 on the WiiU with the DLC included. Anyway, I would need further online info from Nintendo before I buy any online multiplayer game such as MK8 or Spla2oon.

RolStoppable said:
Told you that the Joy-Con straps are notably harder to remove than Joy-Cons from the grip or the console itself.

I was surprised, even thought I was doing it wrong. Instead of having the ordeal of putting them on and off, I nearly just prefer to use the joycons strapless for Snipperclips.

gatito said:
Congrats! I got mine on Friday and I've been playing non-stop this weekend. I still can't believe this little thing is real.

Gracias! What are you playing? BotW? I was surprised how technology advances, WiiU game on the go running on battery!!! Showed off the console to my family during the weekend, and my father was very impressed, he kept on saying that it is quite powerful and that Zelda had nice graphics.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Those Joy-Con straps are a pain!

But, yeah, I love the versatility of it. And the fact that everything loads so quickly and easily. And of course the fact that local multiplayer is literally built into the system.

They are indeed. The snappiness compared to the WiiU is night and day. Whenever I press the home button I expect a 1-2sec delay with a quickmenu instead you get an instantaneous menu appearing.

spurgeonryan said:
Now I know who dunky is. Saw his Guardian vide, was pretty good.

Not sure, I think he is a donkey.

Platina said:
Congrats again :p

Thanks again :p

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Here's my final setup at home! I thought I might have to put it horizontally;
but the console docked won't obscure my TV, just the frame

Might stick it horizontally in one of the drawers when I give my WiiU to my sister, so it doesn't get hit by direct sunlight.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Might stick it horizontally in one of the drawers when I give my WiiU to my sister, so it doesn't get hit by direct sunlight.

I'm glad you found a phone that won't interfere with the Joy-Con singal.

Player2 said:

We are bombarded with so many electromagnetic fields that it isn't funny.
In that respect, old devices are great; analogue, no emissions... ahh, good ol' days.

PS: The phone is wireless, it just looks retro

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

I know, there's no wire between the handset and the phone itself, but that's not going to stop me from having fun :P

Player2 said:
TomaTito said:

I know, there's no wire between the handset and the phone itself, but that's not going to stop me from having fun :P

Still, I will bend over backwards to make my setup work with the Switch.

Hmmm, I do need to check the joy-con connectivity in this setup, since my wireless router is located just below the Switch xD
Do wonder up if there are any syncing issues everyone talked about...

Yesterday I only played BotW with the Pro and no problems from the couch.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

OK, starting where I left off yesterday, I tried this morning the interference effect from my router. My couch, which is 3 meters away from the TV, the joycons works fine on my hands or in the grip, only if I put them behind my back does the left joycon become unresponsive. Same thing happens at 6 meters distance behind a bar wall.

With the router off (like I mentioned before, it is located just under the Switch), there are no connectivity issues from the couch and at 6m the left one works relatively better although it struggles from time to time.

So, the my left joycon is worse wrt to the right one. And the Pro controller trumps all of them as it works whenever, wherever.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

congratz!

Switch!!!

Player2 said:
TomaTito said:

I just lost it at work You're the best, P2.