By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot PS4 exclusively confusion continues with GameStop ads

The upcoming Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy will be exclusive to the PlayStation 4, according to an ad from retail giant GameStop (via Reddit).

Seen below, the billboard clearly depicts Sony’s trademark ‘PlayStation 4 EXCLUSIVE’ notification on the top-right hand corner, which is seemingly at odds with recent reports suggesting that the collection would not be exclusive to Sony’s flagships home console.

Sony announced the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy during a nostalgia-filled PlayStation Experience 2016 conference, which also included the WipEout Omega Collection. The bundle is being developed by Vicarious Visions and includes high-definition remasters of three PSOne Crash classics; Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.

The Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy will be released on June 30, 2017.

Source: http://www.psu.com/news/32434/crash-bandicoot-ps4-release-confusion

Around the Network

This news doesn't mean the same here as it does on GAF because we aren't having the same discussions.
To catch anyone up to speed, there's been month long debates about whether crash is going to be exclusive or not.

It is possible that it is timed exclusive, kind of had timed and full exclusivity confirmed at different times but neither from someone high up. As for this box art, it was spotted in Australia so it could possibly mean that
A) Crash remastered is fully PlayStation exclusive in Australia
B) A marketing rep messed up by including the logo
C) Crash remastered is actually going to be completely exclusive
D) Crash remastered is console exclusive and may come to PC
E) Crash remastered is timed.

It's worth mentioning that Sony owns the source code for Crash1-3, but they don't own the IP. We know the NSane trilogy is a remaster/remake from the ground up, supposedly using code completely from scratch but using the original source code as a guide. Whether this remaster pushes the original trilogy outside of Sonys ownership is the big question because Activision is the one developing and they have got to be one of the most ruthless, greedy gaming companies in existence. We will see. Nothing is officially confirmed, we've only seen conflicting evidence.

So timed exclusive isn't an exclusive anymore?

I don't know what the big deal about this is anyways. If its timed exclusive then its an exclusive until it isn't. Either way it sells more on PS4. IF its not an exclusive from day one then thats all good too. Still sellls more on PS4.

I strongly doubt anyone is going out to buy a PS4 just to play Crash remake. I also can't believe this isn't an exclusive of some sort for it to be brandished as one.

I hope it goes multiplat!!

Geralt said:
I hope it goes multiplat!!

Same here The trilogy was one of my favorite of all, and if it is done right everyone should have a chance to play them

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

I don't know what the big deal about this is anyways. If its timed exclusive then its an exclusive until it isn't. Either way it sells more on PS4. IF its not an exclusive from day one then thats all good too. Still sellls more on PS4.

I strongly doubt anyone is going out to buy a PS4 just to play Crash remake. I also can't believe this isn't an exclusive of some sort for it to be brandished as one.

And I'm under the impression that the PS4 version will probably be the best version anyway when looking at other multi-platform games unless a, let's say, Switch version comes out with exclusive content.

Promotional material at gamestop is not created by gamestop it is created and provided by the publisher for gamestop. Sony has paid Activision to have this game made, that is the only reason for its existence. Why would anyone ever think it is not exclusive.

It will be on PC at some point too I think

nothing else

celador said:
It will be on PC at some point too I think

nothing else

I think so too. I don't think anyone else was getting it. At first I thought it would be the Switch, but I'm not so sure anymore. PC will probably get this. 

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Intrinsic said:

Not even gonna lie, if the Crash trilogy makes its way elsewhere it's gonna sting for me personally. I'm pretty sure the first video game I played was crash 1, on my first console ever... The PS1. The trilogy has remained exclusive so I want it to stay like that. This is PlayStation after all, King of the exclusives! Please Sony. Just give activision the bag of money.

SolidSnack said:

Promotional material at gamestop is not created by gamestop it is created and provided by the publisher for gamestop. Sony has paid Activision to have this game made, that is the only reason for its existence. Why would anyone ever think it is not exclusive and will always be.

See, the thing is you're being reasonable and applying logic to the situation. The other thing is activision. One of the greediest most selfish gaming pubs in existence. We cannot overlook the possibility that they will want to push this onto other platforms after a period of time which is why it would mean a lot to hear the nature of this exclusivity from a higher head.

The biggest thing is, like you said, Crash was pretty much revived by Sony. I don't see why Sony has to do all this free advertising/promotion as well as providing source code while also pushing for the game to made only for it to come out on every device and your mothers. Doesn't really seem fair to me