By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot PS4 exclusively confusion continues with GameStop ads

Intrinsic said:
So timed exclusive isn't an exclusive anymore?

Not in my book. 'Timed exclusive" is basically "multiplat with a staggered release," and advertising it as an exclusive has always felt incredibly dishonest despite being technically correct. "Get it here first" is perhaps a little better.

Around the Network

As I already said in one of the topics about this: I don't believe at all that this can come to XOne.

Maybe, and just maybe, this will launch for PC sometime after the PS4 launching and that's about it.

If Switch sells pretty well through the year, maybe, and just maybe, it could get a version too next year.

Crash bandicoot will only sell well on PlayStation platforms but i do think the trilogy will come to pc eventually

Geralt said:
I hope it goes multiplat!!

Same, more sales and more people get to play the trilogy, which is what everyone should be able to do.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

aLkaLiNE said:

This news doesn't mean the same here as it does on GAF because we aren't having the same discussions.
To catch anyone up to speed, there's been month long debates about whether crash is going to be exclusive or not.

It is possible that it is timed exclusive, kind of had timed and full exclusivity confirmed at different times but neither from someone high up. As for this box art, it was spotted in Australia so it could possibly mean that
A) Crash remastered is fully PlayStation exclusive in Australia
B) A marketing rep messed up by including the logo
C) Crash remastered is actually going to be completely exclusive
D) Crash remastered is console exclusive and may come to PC
E) Crash remastered is timed.

It's worth mentioning that Sony owns the source code for Crash1-3, but they don't own the IP. We know the NSane trilogy is a remaster/remake from the ground up, supposedly using code completely from scratch but using the original source code as a guide. Whether this remaster pushes the original trilogy outside of Sonys ownership is the big question because Activision is the one developing and they have got to be one of the most ruthless, greedy gaming companies in existence. We will see. Nothing is officially confirmed, we've only seen conflicting evidence.

Lol that would be hilarious

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
"Playstation 4 exclusive" seems pretty definitive.

I've never heard of a game being exclusive in a country/continent. Have they ever advertised game (that isn't exclusive) as exclusive in a single country?

The ad could have been wrong sure.

Has Sony ever labeled something as "Playstation 4 exclusive".. when all it was - was timed exclusive? Isn't that just "First on Playstation"?

Yes. Destiny is PS4 exclusive in Japan for instance, and there are other games that are exclusive to PS4 in Japan but available on PC in the west.  The problem stems from a need for accurate wording on whether something is timed (Rise of the Tomb Raider) platform exclusive (Persona 5), console exclusive (No Mans Sky), or completely exclusive (Horizon Zero Dawn). And these labels have been inaccurate before as well. It only further adds fuel to the flames about whether crash is truly exclusive or not. It's a complete toss up still.

Bandorr said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Yes. Destiny is PS4 exclusive in Japan for instance, and there are other games that are exclusive to PS4 in Japan but available on PC in the west.  The problem stems from a need for accurate wording on whether something is timed, platform exclusive, console exclusive, or completely exclusive. And these labels have been inaccurate before as wel. It only further adds fuel to the flames about whether crash is truly exclusive or not. It's a complete toss up still.

Fascinating.

The xbox sells very, very, very little in Japan. Destiny is made by Activision which is located in California.

So like how some Japanesse games don't come to the US, is it possible that it didn't go to Japan because there would be no profit to be had from an xbox release?

That means it isn't exclusive by design, but simply because it would sell like crap there.

How does Xbox sell in Australia?

Decent for itself in Australia. Probably its third strongest marketshare after US and Uk but that isn't saying much at all lol. And yeah, Acti could've thrown them a bone and gave them exclusivity in Japan cuz they know Xbox is non existent there.

Personally I have little doubt in my mind the Crash remake would move well over a million copies on any platform it could touch despite what people think. It's a potentially shitty situation for Sony but I'll be supportive regardless 

Doesn't matter. I have fond memories of this series (and not so fond memories when replaying them on Vita). I know which system I'm getting it for. And I hope everyone who wants to play gets to play.

This has been the weirdest game regarding exclusively, it could be that it's still in negotiations between Activision and Sony or not even the marketing team know, either way we'll know soon if Sony leaves it up or takes it down

aLkaLiNE said:

...This is PlayStation after all, King of the exclusives!...

Um... wha?

I love my Playstation, but that title belongs to the big N. Not really even a question. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7