By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot PS4 exclusively confusion continues with GameStop ads

StuOhQ said:

aLkaLiNE said:

...This is PlayStation after all, King of the exclusives!...

Um... wha?

I love my Playstation, but that title belongs to the big N. Not really even a question. 

I would agree with him about PS having the most "exclusives" over everyone else. Nintendo has the most 1st party exclusives though. That's without debate or contention.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:

aLkaLiNE said:

...This is PlayStation after all, King of the exclusives!...

Um... wha?

I love my Playstation, but that title belongs to the big N. Not really even a question. 

That is extremely debateable if you ask me d: not to knock on Nintendo. I have the utmost respect for them. This will pull the thread off topic though 

LivingMetal said:

And I'm under the impression that the PS4 version will probably be the best version anyway when looking at other multi-platform games unless a, let's say, Switch version comes out with exclusive content.

Well, technically that won't be true or much longer.... the scorpio is right around the corner. And for all those thinking that MS has become this humble, reflective comunity focused company..... just wait till you see them come december this year.

aLkaLiNE said:

Not even gonna lie, if the Crash trilogy makes its way elsewhere it's gonna sting for me personally. I'm pretty sure the first video game I played was crash 1, on my first console ever... The PS1. The trilogy has remained exclusive so I want it to stay like that. This is PlayStation after all, King of the exclusives! Please Sony. Just give activision the bag of money.

I honestly don't get that.... it not being excusive wouldn't stop you from playing the game at all. I mean I understand the value of exclusives, but thats only when the game in question is a first party game made to bolster the library of a platform. But Crash isn't going to add any real value to the existing library of the Playstation. Its not gonna be a system seller. To want this to be exclusive is just to not want others to play it unless they have a PS4. Which is no doubt the point of all exclusives..... just don't feel in this case its warranted.

arcaneguyver said:

Not in my book. 'Timed exclusive" is basically "multiplat with a staggered release," and advertising it as an exclusive has always felt incredibly dishonest despite being technically correct. "Get it here first" is perhaps a little better.

Thats just semantics...... if a game can only be bought on a particular platform, be it for 1 month/6 months/12 months or forever..... its an exclusive to that platform for however long it can only be played on that platform.  thats just a fact. And it should be marketed as an exclusive, cause at the time of release there is nowhere else you can get it but on this particular platform.

I feel the only marketing distinctions that needs to be made are "exclusive" or "console exclusive". It makes zero sense putting "timed exclusive" on the box or not putting it on the box at all simply because 6-12 months later it will then become available on another platform.

Eh, I don't care if it's an exclusive or not. It's coming out for PS4 and that's where I'm buying it, I don't mind in any way if Xbox, PC and Switch users get it at some point as well. 

Intrinsic said:

aLkaLiNE said:

Not even gonna lie, if the Crash trilogy makes its way elsewhere it's gonna sting for me personally. I'm pretty sure the first video game I played was crash 1, on my first console ever... The PS1. The trilogy has remained exclusive so I want it to stay like that. This is PlayStation after all, King of the exclusives! Please Sony. Just give activision the bag of money.

I honestly don't get that.... it not being excusive wouldn't stop you from playing the game at all. I mean I understand the value of exclusives, but thats only when the game in question is a first party game made to bolster the library of a platform. But Crash isn't going to add any real value to the existing library of the Playstation. Its not gonna be a system seller. To want this to be exclusive is just to not want others to play it unless they have a PS4. Which is no doubt the point of all exclusives..... just don't feel in this case its warranted.

It just sounds wrong to me. The original crash trilogy is hand-in-hand iconic with PS1. It was THE franchise that put Naughty Dog on the map, one of my all time favorite developers. To see another company take ND's work, remaster it but then potentially disrespect that work or whore it out to other platforms does bother me. I'm just being honest here, you can call me a fanboy or you can say you don't get it but, like I said previously, I have very early childhood memories associating this game with this platform that also happens to evoke a sense of nostalgia (which is a fragile thing, nostalgia).

I didnt bat an eye when it was revealed that No Mans Sky was coming to PC. Didn't give a fuck when TR was pretend exclusive for MS. Don't care at all that NiOh may eventually come to PC.  I can't and don't treat Crash Bandicoot in the same way nor do I hold him in the same light, and yeah, I'm gonna resent activision more if they make the wrong moves here. This has to do with my earliest memories of gaming and it probably sounds absurd but I wish the trilogy to be exclusive. 

Around the Network

Crash Nitro Kart is a much better game anyway. I can play it on my Xbox or Ngage.

Besides, the early games were too linear and simple for today's gamer. Prepare to be underwhelmed and overhyped.

I'll get this game on PS4 regardless of what happens, but I won't be too surprised if this lands on PC and maybe Xbox.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Seventizz said:
Crash Nitro Kart is a much better game anyway. I can play it on my Xbox or Ngage.

Besides, the early games were too linear and simple for today's gamer. Prepare to be underwhelmed and overhyped.

Nitro Kart is a racing game.

how can a remaster even be overhyped? many people still play the original PS1 games today in fact they're the best-selling PS1 classics on available on PSN.

Intrinsic said:
LivingMetal said:

And I'm under the impression that the PS4 version will probably be the best version anyway when looking at other multi-platform games unless a, let's say, Switch version comes out with exclusive content.

Well, technically that won't be true or much longer.... the scorpio is right around the corner. And for all those thinking that MS has become this humble, reflective comunity focused company..... just wait till you see them come december this year.

This has nothing to do with Scorpio.  This has everything to do with the fact that 98.9 percent of PS4/Xbox One games have been better on the PS4 so Crash being non-exclusive is ultimately a non-issue if you have the option (or only option) to play it on the PS4.  Scorpio = too much speculation to make any substanciated claims for this thread.

I'll just take a wait and see approach. I'm not going to get wound up thinking it's fully exclusive, time exclusive or what not. If it's actually full exclusive, cool I've got my PS4 ready. If it hits PC or even Xbox One, still cool, more people get to play the games.