By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot PS4 exclusively confusion continues with GameStop ads

I hope it's not exclusive. Would be nice to replay this game if it comes to Xbox

Around the Network
Geralt said:
I hope it goes multiplat!!

I  hope it doesnt!

Hunting Season is done...

They should bring it to Xbox or PC then i buy it.

aLkaLiNE said:

The biggest thing is, like you said, Crash was pretty much revived by Sony. I don't see why Sony has to do all this free advertising/promotion as well as providing source code while also pushing for the game to made only for it to come out on every device and your mothers. Doesn't really seem fair to me 

If the games prove to be wildly successful, then yes, Activison will create a/some new Bandicoot game(s) for all platforms. As it stands, this is Sony being in a happy place and wanting to provide some fan service. But these games are being funded by Sony in partnership with Activision and will be Sony exclusives. 

Ka-pi96 said:

I'd go one further and say that it would seem pretty stupid. Still don't know why Sony never bought the IP outright from Activision and then did the remake themselves. Then they'd definitely be exclusives, they'd also get every penny of the revenue and and future sequels they make would be completely theirs too.

Probably because they didn't have any dev team free to work on the project seing as every one of the Sony owned studios are doing somethign we know about (apart from Sucker Punch, wich we know is doing somethign but we have no idea what). And because this IP, dormant or not is probably worth a shitload of money.