By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling Nintendo console in European history

So the minimum in Europe is at least 325,000-326,000 in two days as the Wii sold 325,000. Hopefully it will be closer to 400,000.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

Sales seem fantastic all around so far, great work Nintendo.

I just hope they can keep up momentum now. The next big release for the system is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and that's in late April, i'm surprised they didn't try to get it out for early April or something.

There are a few releasing such as Lego City Undercover, The Binding of Isaac, Snake Pass, etc in between that time and other games that are out on the Switch right now like SnipperClips, Fast RMX, etc, but in terms of big releases it seems like Zelda will still be the main thing for a while.

So I guess the real question is can Zelda keep sales going for a month and a half until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe can come out. I think it's probably expected that, as with any new console launch, that the sales will drop a bit after launch but I dunno.

naruball said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually good concept, great launch game and good marketing has its perks.

All we have to do is wait a few weeks.

That want change fact that "Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling Nintendo console in European and US history".

alternine said:
Releasing a rushed unfinished console with a legion ready to defend it has its perks I guess.

I dont get it? Are you saying the people who defend the Switch are so good at defending it that they get people interested in the console?

Great news for Nintendo!

And yet, I'm afraid that the Switch's success story will soon be over. I fear that this article is quite correct when it comes to Switch sales beyond launch:
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/267594/why-the-nintendo-switch-may-struggle-to-sell-well/

Around the Network

Nintendo of Europe says Switch sold more in its launch weekend than any other Nintendo hardware in history.

Fri-Sat sales for Nintendo Switch exceeded first 2-day sales in Americas for any system in Nintendo history. Next biggest was Wii.

In Japan, the Switch sold 313,700 units in its first week, according to Famitsu data

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

This is great! So UK seems particularly poor compared to other regions. Congrats Nintendo!

What do people mean when they say the Switch was "rushed and unfinished"?

Are they referring to the lack of ability to browse FaceBook, watch reruns of Parks and Rec, and play Super Mario Bros. 2 on it?

Really impressive

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

specialk said:
What do people mean when they say the Switch was "rushed and unfinished"?

Are they referring to the lack of ability to browse FaceBook, watch reruns of Parks and Rec, and play Super Mario Bros. 2 on it?

Its just people who will never buy it who says that.