By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling Nintendo console in European history

Zelda...man, that thing sells consoles any day of the week.

Around the Network

But Zelda wasn't enough... .
Go Europe, start buying Nintendo again .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Good. Now on to Mario Kart 8 DX to see if there is momentum.

Very good considering is Europe we are talking bout

guiduc said:
Good. Now on to Mario Kart 8 DX to see if there is momentum.

Mario Kart 8 DX will surprise everyone. A huge amount of 3DS owners never played MK8.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
alternine said:

Releasing a rushed unfinished console with a legion ready to defend it has its perks I guess.

Moderated ~ CGI

Worked out for the X1 in a way.

Lets just hope it maintains this.

kopstudent89 said:
This is great! So UK seems particularly poor compared to other regions. Congrats Nintendo!

UK is also in Europe. It sold over 325,000 for all we know, and aprox 80,000 in UK. Europe has a population of 735 million. UK has a population of 64 million. So, no, it did not do bad in UK. It should have sold only 30,000 there, for interest to be the same as the rest of Europe. So, UK was a strong launch and contributed a lot to the system's sales (almost 25% of all European sales, despite having less than 10% of Europe's population).

alternine said:

Releasing a rushed unfinished console with a legion ready to defend it has its perks I guess.

Moderated ~ CGI

Why the bitterness? Buck up, more competition is good for gaming! Especially when it comes from a gaming company. :P

I've spent roughly 20 hrs playing Switch already. Nothing feels even remotely unfinished to me.. Ok maybe the eshop's a bit bare but that's it, and that will soon change..

Booting up my new XB One two years ago on the other hand, with its hrs of updates just to start playing my first game....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

shikamaru317 said:
Aerys said:
Switch sold 105k in France.
Best launch ever for a console

Hopefully itll keep that way and wont pull à WiiU

Means VGC has PS4 overtracked. VGC had PS4 at 110k first week in France. If 105k is a record, that means PS4 launch was overtracked. 

It's the fastest-selling Nintendo console in Europe.

OT. Congrats to Nintendo for such a successful launch. Now only comes the hardest part...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.