By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling Nintendo console in European history

celador said:
great news for Nintendo then. I'm surprised honestly because there didn't seem to be much buzz around for it

all down to having a great launch game, that can paper over other cracks it seems

everone is busy playing zeld á to say they are hyped :P :D

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
alternine said:
Releasing a rushed unfinished console with a legion ready to defend it has its perks I guess.

Actually good concept, great launch game and good marketing has its perks.

All we have to do is wait a few weeks.

Switch sold 105k in France.
Best launch ever for a console

Hopefully itll keep that way and wont pull à WiiU

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

alternine said:
Releasing a rushed unfinished console with a legion ready to defend it has its perks I guess.

Actually the console itself is really cool. Yes, I know the dock sucks. It can scratch the screen, but overall I was really impressed with the switch. 

alternine said:

to be honest the PS4 didn't launch in a "finished" state either

but I agree that the Switch feels even a bit more rushed/bare bones

Around the Network

That is nice. I hope bundles come out soon. Mk8 or Splatoon 2 would be great.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wow, that's great to hear. I initially thought that the launch wasn't all that good, including sales for Zelda. Hopefully the console will continue to do well worldwide.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Just Japan now...

Thats excellent news then.It seems like the console sold as well as Nintendo expected and its a success on all regions.The sales will probably be a lot closer to 2 millions than people think.Now the question will be if Nintendo will be able to keep up the sales.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The Zelda bump is real!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian