By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Without the Zelda name, Breath of the Wild would not score so well

Exactly my thought. And the truth is that it's reality.

Around the Network

Well thé same goes for Uncharted

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Or maybe it is just that good of a game...ever think of that?

What if I told you, Sony 1st party devs are not the only devs that can create a top notch game?

Zelda>Horizon confirmed

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

eh, It would be just a few points difference, maybe 3 to 5 (scale out of 100). It's a beloved franchised and some reviews may overlook some issues but not enough to like go from 80s to 90s, which is what I think you're implying

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Just accept that Nintendo have made a great game, credit where credit is due.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
It's like saying that the Pet Sound album would not be held to a high regard if it did not have the name band name Beach Boys attached to the album name.

I was about to put a Beatles example, but The Beach Boys aint too shabby haha :P

If it didn't have the name zelda, that means wed have ANOTHER legendary nintendo franchise. I'm sure it'd still do well. Besides, BotW has many differences between classic zelda

Zekkyou said:
Enough with the salt gif/comments guys. If you think the OT's argument is silly, explain why. While my views on the topic are mixed, some of those mocking the OT have made this very argument in the past in reference to other series. It shouldn't be hard for you to find something constructive to add :)

That's the problem: there's no substance to his argument. He literally just states the thread title but a bit longer. *He's* the one who doesn't supply any evidence of the Zelda name inflating the review scores. I can't find the post, but the person who mentioned Skyward Sword was the only one who had an argument supporting the OP's point (I would've scored it lower because I *hated* the mandatory motion controls).

My guess: OP is salty because he thinks Zelda potentially scoring higher than HZD diminishes the accomplishments of the latter. This is, of course, balogna but that won't stop people like him trying to rain on the Zelda parade.

(Supporting evidence of him being a PS4 fan should be easy: his signature. I'm not belittling him because of this; simply pointing out that he has an inherent bias in making this thread.)

The BuShA owns all!

I think I'd have more to say about the apparent floor on 3D Zelda games' review scores than this latest example. The fact that Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess (with it's terrible waggle controls) ended up at 93 and 95 respectively makes me think that there's a floor for 3D Zelda where they would have to specifically try to get below. 98 makes BOTW one of the greatest games of all time, and I don't think that is affected by the aforementioned effect.

monocle_layton said:
If it didn't have the name zelda, that means wed have ANOTHER legendary nintendo franchise. I'm sure it'd still do well. Besides, BotW has many differences between classic zelda

He'd then be complaining that its biased cause it being a Nintendo game.