By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Without the Zelda name, Breath of the Wild would not score so well

I believe that if the game did not contain the Zelda name, but was called something else, it would get far worse reviews. By having the Zelda name, nostalgia ampliflies reviewers good thoughts on the game.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:

I believe that if the game did not contain the Zelda name, but was called something else, it would get far worse reviews. By having the Zelda name, nostalgia ampliflies reviewers good thoughts on the game.

And your argument is which one?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Fascinating that this appeared as the embargo ended, and about a game that has broken nearly every convention in a 31 year old franchise. Try harder with a troll thread, next time.

If it didn't have the Zelda name people would praise it even more look at Okami that game had notable flaws that are criticized in Zelda games but because it was a good Zelda clone it was praised to high heaven.

I didn't expect to see this thread so early today.

Around the Network

I have one thing to say

98

Funny how every single reviewer was a big Zelda fan as a kid.

You wouldn't even be here if Zelda wasn't made!!!!!

BOOM!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Eh... to some extent but certainly not "far worse".

It'd drop maybe 2 points... lol

Yes. That must be it.