By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us: Did Joel make the right decision? (Spoilers)

Tagged games:

So I finally got around to playing The Last of Us Remastered on PS4. Holy smokes, great game. The campaign started out slow but before long I could not put it down.

I am still thinking about the ending though. After all they went through to bring Ellie to the Fireflies was it right for Joel to do what he did just because he became attached to Ellie. Also the last scene is a rip off of the Godfather.

What do you think?

P.S. : The online multiplayer is awesome as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

yes.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don't think he did the right thing, no. He just didn't want to lose a second daughter.

He did the humane Decision. Not the right decision

NO

Around the Network

He made the decision I would of made, but it was probably not the correct decision for the greater good

he had no reason to continue living besides Ellie, he does the right decision for him not to mankind

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

In the technical side, no, his decision basically got rid of the small chance of humanity finally being able to suffer no more, and have a much bbetter chance of surviving.

Joel is only human though, and Ellie was like a second daughter to him, especially after everything that happened during the Winter chapter.

A good amount of people would probably say if they were in Joel's position, they would simply let Ellie go for the sake of saving lives, but not a lot of people can say they had their daughter die in their hands, and then find a close person that fills that very empty void.

Ugh, I used to hate TLOU, and thought it was overrated trash. I still think it's overrated, but I appreciate the game much more than I used to.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I would have done the same thing he did.

It's not right or wrong. It's a decision based solely on the will to protect those you care for. Can't subject judgment over such act, regardless of the consequences.