By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Looks like the Switch is sold out "everywhere."

pokoko said:
Peh said:

I saw one selling a preorder at 550€. Most of them are around 430€.

I see bunches of them starting at $.99 and hitting every price from there.  $1.29, $29, $59, $159 ... pretty much every point on up to $900.  

I don't really understand the point of listing them below retail.  Any savvy eBayers that can explain?

1) It can be a scam

2) It may just be some cheap knockoff (description may give it off)

3) May be a person paying to have the switch preorder without having to shell out so much money. for example, you pay me $10 and i'll get you a switch preorder for regular price

4) they're secretly santa claus 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
bunchanumbers said:

Its because as a guy who bought Nintendo consoles since the NES I feel that Switch is a betrayal to their fine home console tradition. Looking forward to Switch TV.

Didnt you think the WiiU was shit as well?

I just get the feeling we`ll see a "I got a great deal on the Switch" or "I got the Switch as a gift" comment from you pretty soon

No I quite thoroughly enjoyed Wii U. I enjoyed it so much I bought 2.

No joke though if I do get a switch I'm super gluing it to the dock.

bunchanumbers said:
KLXVER said:

Didnt you think the WiiU was shit as well?

I just get the feeling we`ll see a "I got a great deal on the Switch" or "I got the Switch as a gift" comment from you pretty soon

No I quite thoroughly enjoyed Wii U. I enjoyed it so much I bought 2.

No joke though if I do get a switch I'm super gluing it to the dock.

lol Fair enough.

KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

I see bunches of them starting at $.99 and hitting every price from there.  $1.29, $29, $59, $159 ... pretty much every point on up to $900.  

I don't really understand the point of listing them below retail.  Any savvy eBayers that can explain?

Probably because it cost nothing to pre-order in some places. They are paying just for the pre-order, not the console.

monocle_layton said:
pokoko said:

3) May be a person paying to have the switch preorder without having to shell out so much money. for example, you pay me $10 and i'll get you a switch preorder for regular price

4) they're secretly santa claus 

Aah, that makes sense.  Guess it always pays to read the fine print.  Seems kind of messy, though.

LivingMetal said:
KLXVER said:
wow this console is hotter than your avatar.

Response of the Month!^^^^^

My avatar was designed to move the Switch. Mission successful.

I don't know about moving the Switch but it's definitely going to move... something.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
KLXVER said:

I think you`ll get one pretty soon. You seem way too into being negative towards Nintendo than your average hater.

Its because as a guy who bought Nintendo consoles since the NES I feel that Switch is a betrayal to their fine home console tradition. Looking forward to Switch TV.

I'm in the same boat (been playing their consoles since the mid 80's) but feel the complete opposite way about the Switch. It's the closest we've gotten to a core console since the Gamecube imo. Just because it's also portable (if you want it to be) doesn't really change that for me. I view it as something of an added feature. No one is making anyone remove it from the dock. You can buy the pro controller and play just about every game with it. Everything about this console feels like a return to form imo. 

Good news for me, I preordered three, looks like I'll have a free switch + plenty of spare cash when I flip the other two.

Desperate Nintendo fans pockets get awfully deep, awfully fast.

Some stores here in Down Under are closing pre orders and the next shipment being on April. Nintendo made a right move to make it quite expensive for them hardcore players.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

pray4mojo said:
bunchanumbers said:

I'm in the same boat (been playing their consoles since the mid 80's) but feel the complete opposite way about the Switch. It's the closest we've gotten to a core console since the Gamecube imo. Just because it's also portable (if you want it to be) doesn't really change that for me. I view it as something of an added feature. No one is making anyone remove it from the dock. You can buy the pro controller and play just about every game with it. Everything about this console feels like a return to form imo. 

I'm glad you feel this way. But to me it feels like they gave up and took a blatant grab at the casual crowd while continuing to ignore the user base that have supported them for decades. Ever since the Wii they have been looking for the next gimmick that will put them over the top instead of making a wide variety of quality games and experiences. And the peripherals. Always with the peripherals. Even back in the day. Lets say I wanna play FF: Crystal Chronicles on GCN with my friends. I need 4 GBAs, 4 GCN to GBA adapters. Or to get the most out of many different games I needed something else entirely. I bought Xenoblade Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a new world, and Skyward Sword. All 3 needed different things. I wanted to play Tales with a GCN controller like I did with the original. Instead I needed Wiimote and Nunchuck. Then for Xenoblade Chronicles, I needed the Classic Controller, and for Skyward Sword, the Wiimote and Nunchuck I bought at launch was worthless since I needed the Wiimote Plus add on or a entirely new controller.

Now its Joycons with Joycon grips, and joycon chargers and pro controllers all at outrageous prices. And watch. 3 years from now we'll have a 'New' Nintendo Switch with Joycon Plus controllers that have HD Rumble Plus which renders all the launch peripherals obsolete. Its tough to have to buy all this crap just to play Nintendo games. GCN was probably the last console they made where you didn't need a ton of crap to play most of their games.

Meanwhile they ignore the things that made PlayStation a success which was consistency and having more than one purpose. And they continue to do this with Switch. Nintendo thinks of 50 different peripherals to sell but won't put Netfflix on a tablet that every other tablet in the world has. Stuff like that is disappointing. I won't be surprised in the least if a week after launch, there is a massive selloff of Switch machines when they buy Switch, and Zelda and realize that there isn't anything there after they beat Zelda.

Not surprising, hopefully the hype will last throughout 2017!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]