By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was it worth it for Square to make FFXV for XboxOne?

Should square keep FF PS4 exclusive?

Yes, that's where their fans are! 150 32.89%

Yes, I want PS4 to win! 29 6.36%

No, 3rd party exclusives suck! 61 13.38%

No, Square needs all the sales they can get! 151 33.11%

See answers. 65 14.25%

Total:456
AsGryffynn said:
Kerotan said:

Most are FF fans who'd want to get it.  And a large chunk of them most likely have access to a pc / ps4.

I like FF, but not as much as I hate Sony... 

That's why I said and pc.  

Around the Network

Profit is still a profit. Extremely blurry on X1, probably never purchased it out of spite. Although, they didn't miss much, game was average imo.

To be honest, I think Sony missed a good opportunity by not making it an exclusive, not to say that Xbone people should miss this game, but I think that by making it an exclusive and having a bigger and better marketing campaign the game could've sold even better than it is now.

KH3 is just a lost cause at this point, nobody is picking that thing up for the Xbox One, they're just keeping it alive just to save themselves from bad PR. I bet the game won't be coming to PC either, so not making it exclusive was a huge mistake.

I'm now filled with determination.

i dunno. it didn't sell like shit on xbox but if it was exclusive to ps4 sony probably would have paid the marketing budget. it's a close call.

If it indeed goes to sell a million on xbox it is definitely worth it.
If this game would have been a big hit, imagine the next installment selling double on xbox.

Around the Network

People seriously need to make this point, it's THAT STUPID, FF is a big franchise, big franchises sell well on all platforms, hence it's worth the port, it's not even like FFXV had sub 200k sales on X1, it sold decently and on the long run it'll do its 1/2M copies which is FAR MORE than what's needed to justify it beeing on the platform...

Luke888 said:
People seriously need to make this point, it's THAT STUPID, FF is a big franchise, big franchises sell well on all platforms, hence it's worth the port, it's not even like FFXV had sub 200k sales on X1, it sold decently and on the long run it'll do its 1/2M copies which is FAR MORE than what's needed to justify it beeing on the platform...

Eh, this is relative. Had FFXV sold 800K (total), then 200K is a good little cut of the pie. But out of 5-7m, such a total would incredibly dire (and 800K-1m of that, while respectable, is still a chunk they missed out on). 

In this case, both versions are still selling and it's way too early to conclude if this was a sound business decision or not (realistically, no one here can say, either way, anwway, as we don't know the budget nor expectations), but I can deduce that exclusivity probably would have pushed a chunk of those Xbox buyers to pick up a PS4.

Seems worth it for XV. But I'm not sure about Kingdom Hearts 3. I think they may end up regretting that decision.

I'd say concentrate their resources on making other games instead.

Exclusivity grubbing for third-parties is possibly one of the most ridiculous "arguments" out there, no matter the disparity between sales performances. (Unless it's wholly unprofitable.)

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.