By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was it worth it for Square to make FFXV for XboxOne?

Should square keep FF PS4 exclusive?

Yes, that's where their fans are! 150 32.89%

Yes, I want PS4 to win! 29 6.36%

No, 3rd party exclusives suck! 61 13.38%

No, Square needs all the sales they can get! 151 33.11%

See answers. 65 14.25%

Total:456

VGC has PS4 making up 87% of sales.  howlongtobeat.com shows PS4 has 90% of times posted.

Do you think it's good for Square to keep making their RPGs for both consoles, or should they have focused on PS4 only where Japanese gamers and old fans of FF are concentrated?

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Should end up with over 800k LTD. I think thats fine for a port.

Edit: its undertracked in US so is already at 800k so should hit over 1 million LTD.  Can't complain at 1 million sales. 

Mar1217 said:
PS4/Switch would do better, espescially in Japan :)

Ff15 can't  run on switch  without  a massive  downgrade..

But yea ps4/ switch best pair.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Its probably gonna do around 1M on the XB1 when its all said and done. Don't see why anyone should turn that down when you consider it probably didnt cost SE an arm and a leg to make the XB1 version.

For any other game that they are making though, its likely they may not make an XB1 version. And instead just focus on PS4/PC.

Yes it was worth it and poll sucks

Around the Network

FFXV is worth for XB1 because it is huge, but the more niche/ lower selling JRPGs are not.

Type 0 HD, KH, and others were probably not worth the port.

No reason to turn down the extra sales, there's no guarantee everyone who bought it for XB1 would have bought it if it were only on PS4

not really and that's imo probably also a reason why microsoft canceled scalebound when they saw the sales difference of jrpg type games on xbox compared to ps4.

Its clear their focus was on the PS4 version and the Xone version will just increase the overall sales for minimal investment not to mention a scorpio update might give a nice boost for the holiday season this year, last but not leat Microsoft contributed quite a bit of attention and promotion towards FF15 which helps both versions

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Depends not just about sales with this one since it was meant to be a ps3 only