By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was it worth it for Square to make FFXV for XboxOne?

Should square keep FF PS4 exclusive?

Yes, that's where their fans are! 150 32.89%

Yes, I want PS4 to win! 29 6.36%

No, 3rd party exclusives suck! 61 13.38%

No, Square needs all the sales they can get! 151 33.11%

See answers. 65 14.25%

Total:456
vivster said:

So it's about supporting the platform after all.

It's both. It's good to support the platform with games, but it's nice if u make money with these games. Xbox exclusives hardly are any kind of blockbusters so PC version is wise. 

Around the Network

If the port makes a profit, yes.
If it doesn't, no.

It's pretty simple.

No its sellong ok on xbox.

A port is very easy and inexpensive because the hardware architecture of both systems (AMD64) is nearly identical.

Farsala said:
FFXV is worth for XB1 because it is huge, but the more niche/ lower selling JRPGs are not.

Type 0 HD, KH, and others were probably not worth the port.

Kingdom Hearts is a big game, the first 2 main games sold 10.7 millions(Vgchartz numbers) combined.

Around the Network

Nope, looks like it did pretty ok on Xbox.

Doesn't matter really if they made there money back it's all great.
I Expect PS4 version to be at least 4-5 mil life time
Xone version will be 1.5
And when they release it on pc it will sell about 500-1 mil copies so i think Square is good.

easily worth it. it sold 450k in the usa alone in its first month.

Just go ps4 only at launch with a pc release 1/2 years later. A large chunk of the small xb1 sales will get it on ps4/pc anyway so you really aren't missing out on much.

If Microsoft paid for the xb1 port then I'd give it to them.

Yeah, it was. Sales aren't nothing to light the charts on fire (450,000 units sold, if I am not mistaken), but that also gives indication of legs (wouldn't be surprising if it makes it to a million), and already beat other games which arguably were less worth to port, given sales, like FF Type-0 HD. 

Considering that porting these days is much easier, this version is doing fine so far.