By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was it worth it for Square to make FFXV for XboxOne?

Should square keep FF PS4 exclusive?

Yes, that's where their fans are! 150 32.89%

Yes, I want PS4 to win! 29 6.36%

No, 3rd party exclusives suck! 61 13.38%

No, Square needs all the sales they can get! 151 33.11%

See answers. 65 14.25%

Total:456

Nope, looks like it did pretty ok on Xbox.

Around the Network

Doesn't matter really if they made there money back it's all great.
I Expect PS4 version to be at least 4-5 mil life time
Xone version will be 1.5
And when they release it on pc it will sell about 500-1 mil copies so i think Square is good.

easily worth it. it sold 450k in the usa alone in its first month.

Just go ps4 only at launch with a pc release 1/2 years later. A large chunk of the small xb1 sales will get it on ps4/pc anyway so you really aren't missing out on much.

If Microsoft paid for the xb1 port then I'd give it to them.

Yeah, it was. Sales aren't nothing to light the charts on fire (450,000 units sold, if I am not mistaken), but that also gives indication of legs (wouldn't be surprising if it makes it to a million), and already beat other games which arguably were less worth to port, given sales, like FF Type-0 HD. 

Considering that porting these days is much easier, this version is doing fine so far. 

Around the Network

Nope, they definitely shouldn't keep FF as PS exclusive. And porting was worth it also because otherwise I wouldn't have played it.

Yep, Xbox has an audience for the game, however small.

Pretty silly to wish a 3rd party multiplat to be exclusive for purchase justification sakes. Luckily SE does not have the mentality of a 5 yr old.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Kerotan said:
Just go ps4 only at launch with a pc release 1/2 years later. A large chunk of the small xb1 sales will get it on ps4/pc anyway so you really aren't missing out on much.

The port is on its way to selling over a million copies. Take off the fanboy glasses for a second. 

SuperBudgie1582 was warned ~ CGI

I recall an article saying that if not for the XBox they would have an easier time optimizing FF15 for the PS4.
So for easier optimization (and possibly earlier release) I chose ps4 only.

They aren't going to develop a user base on the xb1. No one is supporting JRPGS on it. Not even Microsoft. After they cancelled Scalebound I question if they are even going to try another JRPG.

They can't going to get their own Tales, they aren't getting temporary exclusives(like Eternal Sonata), and it would take them years to create their own JRPG.

All that said - I don't care if they come out on switch and Xbox as well. Money is money, and they are probably making money so good for them.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Kerotan said:

No, the large chunk of xb1 sales won't buy it on ps4/pc. Almost all xb1 sales come from the people who want this game on Xbox not any other platform.