By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation may win many battles, But Windows will win the war.

Windows=/=PC necessarily and 20 years is a long time in the business world. We have yet to fully understand or realize VR as well, which complicates the way society will progress imo. We will see. It's hard to see what the future looks like anymore.

Around the Network

PCs that cost the same as consoles can kick their asses without an issue, no paid online, free chat services, piracy & emulators, the ability to run other software and the modularity are all advantages that are attracting consumers.

As more powerful GPUs get cheaper and game engines become more optimizied, there's no doubt that consoles won't sell well if they're pre-built PCs locked to a company's software and services. This is why in the long run, Nintendo will be the last company standing out of the big three in the console wars, their IPs are only present on their consoles, which are unique in design and capabilities and are affordable.

If PCs evolve, I don't see why consoles can't with their platform. Fixed. Close thread.

Microsoft just needs trump to build a wall around Murica and make sony pay for it. Keep those filthy japanese companies out of this sacred land. kek

I think this windows vs android thing is interesting and should be its own discussion cause I don't think Android taking over everything and Windows losing in that fight will as easy as people suggest. Yes Windows Phones are terrible but it's not like MS is just sitting there and not doing anything. MS recently released Windows which allows desktop applications and games to work with on mobile cpus/gpus and their surface line of tablets have been selling well considering how expensive they are.

Getting back to the topic though, I do agree.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Lmao Pcs and Consoles will die eventually, Android and IOS is where money is in the future, stop being delusional, Pc and Console gaming are dedicated to core audience, sooner or later Smartphones will dominate even more but there will be always place to core gamers but we are a minority, Pc or Console is doomed to Smartphones rising, 2 billions phones shipping each year vs 200m pcs lmao

Technological improvements are greatly slowing down, in 20 years time the improvements will be far less than they were 20 years ago.
Eg take the earliest and the latest fastest common Intel processor of the i7 line.
Core i7-975 Extreme Edition released June 2009 6199 passmark CPU score
Core i7-7700K released January 2017 12196 passmark CPU score

In 8 years performance hasn't even doubled, maybe in 20 years time performance will have doubled again

The fastest Intel Processor from 20 years ago
Pentium II 300 I dont know what its passmark score is, probably about 20

iNathan said:
Lmao Pcs and Consoles will die eventually, Android and IOS is where money is in the future, stop being delusional, Pc and Console gaming are dedicated to core audience, sooner or later Smartphones will dominate even more but there will be always place to core gamers but we are a minority, Pc or Console is doomed to Smartphones rising, 2 billions phones shipping each year vs 200m pcs lmao

was your post really funny enough to start and end it with lmao?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Windows wins? perhaps... but i think android alson have a solid chance of becoming the main platafform of entertainment in the world...anyway, the world is too big to something like "1 winner"... options will aways be there, be it psn, Steam, nintendo network, android, windows, Ios, etc...

Will? I was under the impression they won back in 1997...