By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation may win many battles, But Windows will win the war.

jonathanalis said:
What happens when a tablet can run perfect GC visuals, and easily connect to tv?
So, the future is Switch like.
so, nintendo is already ahead from its time.

GC Visuals? Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a tablet that can manage that already...

The future is streaming, just like all other entertainment.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
AsGryffynn said:

people will always want a console that is not Japanese... 

Eh.... why? xD

aLkaLiNE said:
AsGryffynn said:

Inside out opinion as usual. Xbox will not go anywhere. Both brands coexist specifically because no matter what happens, people will always want a console that is not Japanese...

What the fuck are you talking about?

Because, my not enlightened friends, there's a market... Not everyone likes Sony and not everyone likes PC gaming, and sure as hell not everyone likes Nintendo. If Xbox departs, the backlash will force them to stay. As niche as they might become, people like me cannot play on anything besides their system flawlessly... 

At this point, Sony and Steam having detractors and both detractors being the same person shouldn't be surprising. There are enough players to remind everyone that people like me exist and we will play Xbox or we will not play. Leave it as it is, or take it. 

Don't be surprised if, shall MS decide to kill Xbox, an Spanish startup buys the brand... 

Inspiring movie, Kingsglaive.

AsGryffynn said:

Because, my scathing friends, there's a market... Not everyone likes Sony and not everyone likes PC gaming, and sure as hell not everyone likes Nintendo.

Right, but that's not what you said. You said people want a console that's not Japanse, not that people want a console that isn't from Sony/Nintendo.

Well friend, that was a blanket statement. I don't know if Sega will return to business you see!

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Barkley said:

Eh.... why? xD

aLkaLiNE said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Because, my not enlightened friends, there's a market... Not everyone likes Sony and not everyone likes PC gaming, and sure as hell not everyone likes Nintendo. If Xbox departs, the backlash will force them to stay. As niche as they might become, people like me cannot play on anything besides their system flawlessly... 

At this point, Sony and Steam having detractors and both detractors being the same person shouldn't be surprising. There are enough players to remind everyone that people like me exist and we will play Xbox or we will not play. Leave it as it is, or take it. 

Don't be surprised if, shall MS decide to kill Xbox, an Spanish startup buys the brand... 

Thas funny. I get what you're saying (I think? Maybe something to do with nationalism or you're just racist/prejudice?)

but

The PS4 was designed my an American. Playstation isn't really a Japanese console anymore, it just also gets Japanese games.

And the Xbox one uses materials and parts that come from China. 

And so far I think I've only seen about two people that have mentioned they wouldn't buy a console if it weren't American, you're one of them. Must be a pretty big market, I'm sure it would be a tragic loss to see someone like you leave gaming.

aLkaLiNE said:
AsGryffynn said:

Thas funny. I get what you're saying (I think? Maybe something to do with nationalism or you're just racist/prejudice?)

but

The PS4 was designed my an American. Playstation isn't really a Japanese console anymore, it just also gets Japanese games.

And the Xbox one uses materials and parts that come from China. 

And so far I think I've only seen about two people that have mentioned they wouldn't buy a console if it weren't American, you're one of them. Must be a pretty big market, I'm sure it would be a tragic loss to see someone like you leave gaming.

o-o

0_0 

9_9

Not really to be honest. No, it only happens that, you know, the other two consoles are Japanese... 

In other words, I used it to not say "Nintendo and Sony" since that's a mouthful... 

Barkley said:
jonathanalis said:
What happens when a tablet can run perfect GC visuals, and easily connect to tv?
So, the future is Switch like.
so, nintendo is already ahead from its time.

GC Visuals? Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a tablet that can manage that already...

CG, mispeling. xD sorry. Meant, visuals indistinguable from disney animations...

But i disagree. bottleneck is input lag. None interactive entertainment would be good enough depending on your internet lag. Streaming works well for no interactive entertainment.

Also, why would i need to get stream from anything if a small device (a chromecast sized dongle, or maybe just the controller) can handle anything?

In 20 years or more years, id bet that Playstation x would be the controller only. The games would run there, and be transmitted to the tv(tv and controller would still be needed). Or a switch like solution for embracing also handheld gaming.

Sry, but that is just stupid.

Hunting Season is done...

jonathanalis said:
Barkley said:

CG, mispeling. xD sorry. Meant, visuals indistinguable from disney animations...

But i disagree. bottleneck is input lag. None interactive entertainment would be good enough depending on your internet lag. Streaming works well for no interactive entertainment.

Also, why would i need to get stream from anything if a small device (a chromecast sized dongle, or maybe just the controller) can handle anything?

In 20 years or more years, id bet that Playstation x would be the controller only. The games would run there, and be transmitted to the tv(tv and controller would still be needed). Or a switch like solution for embracing also handheld gaming.

A larger device of the same power will always be cheaper, input lag for cloud gaming is already a non-issue for the majority of genres with an ideal setup. As technology advances and the infrastructure with it I think a cloud future is much more likely then a locally powered machine.

Everything will run on nearly any device, because the device you are using isn't powering the software. Consumers can pay for what they want, when they want it. Rather then having to pay an initial investment of $300+ to get started, and then another investment when that device is replaced.

Businesses will be able to monetize their products in a more cost effective way and have greater control over their services as well.