By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are people suddenly against the 3DS?

RolStoppable said:
It's not people, it's just curl-6. That's one person.

ARamdomGamer said:
I thought it was only a curl thing.

I think there were some people agreeing with him in that thread. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
People are sooo hypocrite!

They want the 3DS to still get supported = Here it is!

I never wanted 3DS to be supported beyond Switch's launch. 

Jranation said:
ARamdomGamer said:
I thought it was only a curl thing.

I think there were some people agreeing with him in that thread. 

There are several agreeing with me in this thread too.

3DS as had it's time. Nintendo can't support two consoles at the same time unless we have another Wii/DS phenomenon. The Switch is a hybrid. Let it come with full force. The 3DS just takes away from that imo.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Sorry to say this, but the 3DS had its time in the mushroomlight. "The 3DS needs to die so the Switch can live."

lol

I think most people have said what I agree with anyway; a company selling products that end up competing with each other ain't cool for anyone

Around the Network

Yerm said:

Why are people suddenly against the 3DS?

I was always against the 3DS. Hardware-wise it's simply terrible. Terrible stick, terrible buttons, terrible resolution, terrible fps in many games. It looked bad back in 2012, it's unacceptable in 2017.

Developers in a safe zone with their cheap rehashed games over the stable franchises (MonHun, Pokemon, Yokai Watch, Fire Emblem, SMT, etc.). It's time to move on (at least on the Wii level).

It's getting a remake and it's more advanced iteration is getting an inferior port of a game developed by a 3rd party. Most 3DS owners are going to have to upgrade to be able to play FE Warriors at all. Just looking at the games in development for the 3DS it's clear that development has shifted to the Switch. A remake of a SNES game using the same engine as Awakening. A port of a Wii U Yoshi game, a Mario Sports game (like the Wii had at the end of its life), a 2D Pikmin, and the rest is from 3rd parties.

Yerm said:

With the Fire Emblem direct, we got a total of 4 Fire Emblem games to look forward to, and it seems like people are really upset that Fire Emblem: Echoes will be on the 3DS and Fire Emblem Warriors will be cross-platform. My only question is, why are people upset about this?

First off, you should know that the Switch will have more power than the 3DS. Its more powerful than the Wii U at least and that was ahead of the 3DS. So with Fire Emblem Warriors you should know that the superior experience will be on the Switch. and if thasts not enough for you, look at Hyrule Warriors Legends, it was great on the Wii U and terrible on the 3DS. Now I hear you saying "but now its not exclusive to the Switch so its one less reason to buy one". well this is not a traditional Fire Emblem game so i doubt many people are buying a Switch just for FEW anyways

Next is Fire Emblem Echoes. i dont see what the problem is. the game looks great, and i can say that even though i am not a Fire Emblem fan in the slightest. and from what i can tell Nintendo is pushing Fire Emblem as more of a mobile title, seeing as how Awakening and Fates were both on the 3DS and the Wii U never got a Fire Emblem title. The newest "Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch" seems like a special occasion type thing. and that WILL make the Switch more noticing if you are a big Fire Emblem fan.

on a final note - some games just feel better with the double-screen layout. When the Wii and DS were Nintendo's main products nobody was complaining about games not being on the Wii. because even though it is portable, the Switch is still a home console at its heart, and they have said that multiple times already. so really, where is all this negative response coming from?

I'm not against cross-gen titles. As you said, who own both 3DS and Switch probably will get Warriors on the Switch, therre are clear advancements.

But Echoes is not cross-gen. That's a missed chance for Nintendo to make the Switch library more appealing without hurting the 3DS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I can imagine it's much easier and far less risky for Japanese third parties to release niche titles on the 3DS's low power-high install base. Squeezing out one more game by reusing assets and engines(Monster Hunter Stories, Ever Oasis, Fire Emblem Echoes)are sure monetaty bets and seems mostly harmless to the Switch.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Mnementh said:
Yerm said:

With the Fire Emblem direct, we got a total of 4 Fire Emblem games to look forward to, and it seems like people are really upset that Fire Emblem: Echoes will be on the 3DS and Fire Emblem Warriors will be cross-platform. My only question is, why are people upset about this?

First off, you should know that the Switch will have more power than the 3DS. Its more powerful than the Wii U at least and that was ahead of the 3DS. So with Fire Emblem Warriors you should know that the superior experience will be on the Switch. and if thasts not enough for you, look at Hyrule Warriors Legends, it was great on the Wii U and terrible on the 3DS. Now I hear you saying "but now its not exclusive to the Switch so its one less reason to buy one". well this is not a traditional Fire Emblem game so i doubt many people are buying a Switch just for FEW anyways

Next is Fire Emblem Echoes. i dont see what the problem is. the game looks great, and i can say that even though i am not a Fire Emblem fan in the slightest. and from what i can tell Nintendo is pushing Fire Emblem as more of a mobile title, seeing as how Awakening and Fates were both on the 3DS and the Wii U never got a Fire Emblem title. The newest "Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch" seems like a special occasion type thing. and that WILL make the Switch more noticing if you are a big Fire Emblem fan.

on a final note - some games just feel better with the double-screen layout. When the Wii and DS were Nintendo's main products nobody was complaining about games not being on the Wii. because even though it is portable, the Switch is still a home console at its heart, and they have said that multiple times already. so really, where is all this negative response coming from?

I'm not against cross-gen titles. As you said, who own both 3DS and Switch probably will get Warriors on the Switch, therre are clear advancements.

But Echoes is not cross-gen. That's a missed chance for Nintendo to make the Switch library more appealing without hurting the 3DS.

If Intelligent Systems could have had a brand new HD engine ready quick enough to get Echoes out for the Switch this year then we'd have gameplay footage, a title, and a release date for the new 2018 FE game.  Echoes was made because with the assets from Awakening and Fates and the map designs and stories from the original it could be done quickly.