By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch: any other salty WiiU owners out there?

How does the WiiU abandonment make you feel about buying the Switch?

I own a WiiU and will def... 253 38.22%

I own a WiiU and I will w... 147 22.21%

I own a WiiU and I won't buy a Switch. 97 14.65%

I don't own a WiiU and w... 26 3.93%

I don't own a WiiU and I... 56 8.46%

I don't own a WiiU and I... 83 12.54%

Total:662
maxleresistant said:
monocle_layton said:

Did you like the DS/3ds? 

moderatly, but I'm not a huge fan of handheld games.

Nintendo games just feel like inferior versions of console games. Even if they are good/great games, when you make the comparison between Mario Kart 7 and 8, or between Mario Galaxy  and New super Mario Bros.

And there is always this feeling of going back one or 2 generations before.

On GBA  there was a few games that I loved : Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, Minish Cap, Golden Sun, F-zero. 

As for the DS I loved Layton, and other games that used the stylus in a great way, like Ninja Gaiden, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, smaller games like Picross. But it quickly became the system for JRPG, and I'm not a fan of those.

The 3DS I finally bought it 3 months ago, it's not great. It's kind of going nowhere to me. A Link Between Worlds was good but not great, Layton mask of miracles was just awful in most part, I'm done with the series because of this games. Luigi's mansion 2 is good, but it tried to fix something that wasn't broken by cutting the game into levels and scoring you , I know the first one had a score too, but the first time you played, you didn't even know really, you could just enjoy the game at your rythm, I don't like scorebased games, so it's bugging me.

I have more games to play, I bought Mario Kart, Zelda Triforce heroes, Mario Tennis, and Starfox 64. But well, I'm not hoping much, I'll play those and sell the console I think

Miracle of Mask definitely felt weak compared to the original trilogy, but the game after it returned to what makes the series so good.

I'd also recommend Phoenix Wright. It's not for everyone, but if you like it, I really recommend trying it out.

After seeing your comments though, I guess you simply aren't the targeted audience for Nintendo. Definitely not a problem per se, more like an observation.

If anything, I say keep trying to find a game that hits your groove. Smash 4, Kid icarus uprising, cave story, animal crossing, monster hunter, etc...3ds certainly had a large variety of games, so I'm sure you'll at least find certain games that'll improve your Take on it.

Around the Network

I am a WiiU owner and i will buy when the new fire emblem is out (real one) and one price cut !

monocle_layton said:
maxleresistant said:

moderatly, but I'm not a huge fan of handheld games.

Nintendo games just feel like inferior versions of console games. Even if they are good/great games, when you make the comparison between Mario Kart 7 and 8, or between Mario Galaxy  and New super Mario Bros.

And there is always this feeling of going back one or 2 generations before.

On GBA  there was a few games that I loved : Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, Minish Cap, Golden Sun, F-zero. 

As for the DS I loved Layton, and other games that used the stylus in a great way, like Ninja Gaiden, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, smaller games like Picross. But it quickly became the system for JRPG, and I'm not a fan of those.

The 3DS I finally bought it 3 months ago, it's not great. It's kind of going nowhere to me. A Link Between Worlds was good but not great, Layton mask of miracles was just awful in most part, I'm done with the series because of this games. Luigi's mansion 2 is good, but it tried to fix something that wasn't broken by cutting the game into levels and scoring you , I know the first one had a score too, but the first time you played, you didn't even know really, you could just enjoy the game at your rythm, I don't like scorebased games, so it's bugging me.

I have more games to play, I bought Mario Kart, Zelda Triforce heroes, Mario Tennis, and Starfox 64. But well, I'm not hoping much, I'll play those and sell the console I think

Miracle of Mask definitely felt weak compared to the original trilogy, but the game after it returned to what makes the series so good.

I'd also recommend Phoenix Wright. It's not for everyone, but if you like it, I really recommend trying it out.

After seeing your comments though, I guess you simply aren't the targeted audience for Nintendo. Definitely not a problem per se, more like an observation.

If anything, I say keep trying to find a game that hits your groove. Smash 4, Kid icarus uprising, cave story, animal crossing, monster hunter, etc...3ds certainly had a large variety of games, so I'm sure you'll at least find certain games that'll improve your Take on it.

I'm not the target Anymore, Nintendo changed target, and even if there is still a few really good games for me to enjoy, not enough to make me buy it full price.

Smash 4 I have it on WiiU, Kid Icarus I was planning to buy it but now I don't know. Cave Story I own it on PC, not great, bore me right away. Animal Crossing I played the GC version, and the DS version, it's not for me, I kinda hate it now lol. Monster Hunter, tried it, it's awful.

Now I'm more of a PC player, I can play Doom, Deus Ex, Titanfall, Rainbow Siw Siege, Rocket League, soon I'll get ME andromeda and so many more Awesome games, I still pre-ordered zelda on WiiU, but after that, I'm not going to get Nintendo games for a long long while.

I was pretty clear with I expected for the switch, I wanted a new AAA IP from Retro, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid, the return of games like F-Zero, 1080°, Wave Race, more third party multiplatform games, and more third party/second party deals with western developpers.

I knew I wasn't getting that, I know how Nintendo is nowadays, so I wesn't suprised that  the switch to me, looks like a system focused almost only on japanese games, old games (Retro, remasters, old ports of game we already played), and casual games.

What I wasn't expected though, is all that motion gaming nonsense and gimmicks that drove up the price really high. The Switch and the accessories are not worth that price to me. And I don't it's worth that price for most people.

Well.. I lost some trust on Nintendo after the WiiU.
It´s not a terrible device, not at all. I had (and I´m still having) tons of fun with its games and some of those are really memorable, but overall I think Nintendo could have done so much more - and could have marketed it so much better.
On the other side, the 3ds was (still is) terrific. The device is good, cheap and the library of games is amazing.
I will buy the Switch eventually, but NOT on launch (probably in next holiday season or early 2018)

snyps said:
KLXVER said:

Well they havent ever done that, so no need to be salty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BvetoA53MU  If I say I'm fine with Nintendo being 100% family friendly.. I feel like Reek from GoT. I'm not fine with it.

bdbdbd said:

Where would you need mature rated content?

Metroid sequels. New fighting game perhaps. I'd like a western a kin to Red Dead Redemption. Did you know that when Rockstar San Diego was called Angel Studios, they were a Nintendo 2nd party? Even Retro Studios was made up of the Iguana team that created Turok..  I'm a believer that mature content is fine in a family setting as long as it's a fantasy setting (i.e. pirates, ninjas, cowboys, dinosaurs).

Killer Instinct is Rare, not Nintendo. They have had several mature games on their systems, but they themselves dont really make any. They help out sometimes though.

Around the Network

No reason to be salty over something like that imo.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

maxleresistant said:
monocle_layton said:

I'm not the target Anymore, Nintendo changed target, and even if there is still a few really good games for me to enjoy, not enough to make me buy it full price.

Smash 4 I have it on WiiU, Kid Icarus I was planning to buy it but now I don't know. Cave Story I own it on PC, not great, bore me right away. Animal Crossing I played the GC version, and the DS version, it's not for me, I kinda hate it now lol. Monster Hunter, tried it, it's awful.

Now I'm more of a PC player, I can play Doom, Deus Ex, Titanfall, Rainbow Siw Siege, Rocket League, soon I'll get ME andromeda and so many more Awesome games, I still pre-ordered zelda on WiiU, but after that, I'm not going to get Nintendo games for a long long while.

I was pretty clear with I expected for the switch, I wanted a new AAA IP from Retro, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid, the return of games like F-Zero, 1080°, Wave Race, more third party multiplatform games, and more third party/second party deals with western developpers.

I knew I wasn't getting that, I know how Nintendo is nowadays, so I wesn't suprised that  the switch to me, looks like a system focused almost only on japanese games, old games (Retro, remasters, old ports of game we already played), and casual games.

What I wasn't expected though, is all that motion gaming nonsense and gimmicks that drove up the price really high. The Switch and the accessories are not worth that price to me. And I don't it's worth that price for most people.

At least you enjoyed the early years of nintendo. PC gaming has a lot to offer too.

As for F-zero, have you seen the new game that looks similar to it? It's called Redout, and I'd recommend it if you want a game that's close to F-zero.

I know how you feel with wanting old games returning. Punch out, f-zero, metroid...I expect metroid to return, but unfortunately I don't think we will see punch out or f-zero. With joycons though, we may see Little Mac make a return. You never know when it comes to nintendo.

I was very excited with the Switch, but Nintendo is not listening. They are making almost the same mistakes they did with the Wii U and that keeps me on the fence.

monocle_layton said:
maxleresistant said:

At least you enjoyed the early years of nintendo. PC gaming has a lot to offer too.

As for F-zero, have you seen the new game that looks similar to it? It's called Redout, and I'd recommend it if you want a game that's close to F-zero.

I know how you feel with wanting old games returning. Punch out, f-zero, metroid...I expect metroid to return, but unfortunately I don't think we will see punch out or f-zero. With joycons though, we may see Little Mac make a return. You never know when it comes to nintendo.

I'll probably get redout on PC. But all these futurisc racing games are lacking the precision of the gameplay of a F-Zero. I was disappointed by Fast Racing Neo because of that, barely played it...

KLXVER said:
snyps said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BvetoA53MU  If I say I'm fine with Nintendo being 100% family friendly.. I feel like Reek from GoT. I'm not fine with it.

Metroid sequels. New fighting game perhaps. I'd like a western a kin to Red Dead Redemption. Did you know that when Rockstar San Diego was called Angel Studios, they were a Nintendo 2nd party? Even Retro Studios was made up of the Iguana team that created Turok..  I'm a believer that mature content is fine in a family setting as long as it's a fantasy setting (i.e. pirates, ninjas, cowboys, dinosaurs).

Killer Instinct is Rare, not Nintendo. They have had several mature games on their systems, but they themselves dont really make any. They help out sometimes though.

Killer Instinct is a shining example of what Nintendo could have been.  Don't get me wrong, I own a terabyte of Wii U data, I only want more from the big N.