By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch: any other salty WiiU owners out there?

How does the WiiU abandonment make you feel about buying the Switch?

I own a WiiU and will def... 253 38.22%

I own a WiiU and I will w... 147 22.21%

I own a WiiU and I won't buy a Switch. 97 14.65%

I don't own a WiiU and w... 26 3.93%

I don't own a WiiU and I... 56 8.46%

I don't own a WiiU and I... 83 12.54%

Total:662
curl-6 said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

Cartoony BS? I would be all over an edgy cell shaded Metroid game. Think Metroid manga.

Everything else Nintendo makes is already cartoony. Making Metroid cartoony too would make their output even more monotonous. Variety is the spice of life.

Yes, you are right in wanting variety. But most of my PS4 games are lacking and look very homogeneous. Thank goodness for games like Gravity Rush. But what is wrong with Nintendo covering the other end of the spectrum with cartoony looking games? That way you can have realistic looking games on Sony and MicroSoft and get cartoony looking games on Nintendo.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
curl-6 said:

Everything else Nintendo makes is already cartoony. Making Metroid cartoony too would make their output even more monotonous. Variety is the spice of life.

Yes, you are right in wanting variety. But most of my PS4 games are lacking and look very homogeneous. Thank goodness for games like Gravity Rush. But what is wrong with Nintendo covering the other end of the spectrum with cartoony looking games? That way you can have realistic looking games on Sony and MicroSoft and get cartoony looking games on Nintendo.

You shouldn't have to buy more than one console just to get a healthy variety of games. Playstation and Xbox manage to have  both cartoony and more seriously styled games. Yes they lean more towards the realistic, but you also get stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet, Sea of Thieves, Overwatch, etc.

Switch so far seems to have almost no games at all that aren't cartoonish. That's a problem.

MegaDrive08 said:
Im not getting a Switch but how do people expect it get 3rd party support if they dont buy the system straight away, thats one sure way it wont get third party support.

I dont think that there are that many people who really care about 3rd party support on the system like that.

curl-6 said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

You shouldn't have to buy more than one console just to get a healthy variety of games. Playstation and Xbox manage to have  both cartoony and more seriously styled games. Yes they lean more towards the realistic, but you also get stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet, Sea of Thieves, Overwatch, etc.

Switch so far seems to have almost no games at all that aren't cartoonish. That's a problem.

And only the future will reveal if the Switch will see any realistic looking games. But Skyrim looks somewhat realistic and is coming soon after launch. So you can hold out hope for more realistic looking games. More will be announced.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

I owned an original Xbox and the four year cycle didn't bother me. The Wii-U actually lived longer than that so, yeah. It's no big deal to me.

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
curl-6 said:

And only the future will reveal if the Switch will see any realistic looking games. But Skyrim looks somewhat realistic and is coming soon after launch. So you can hold out hope for more realistic looking games. More will be announced.

One non-cartoon game that's a port of a 6-year old PS3/360 game isn't exactly good. Even Wii had games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, COD, etc, whole Wii U had Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame, ZombiU...

curl-6 said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

One non-cartoon game that's a port of a 6-year old PS3/360 game isn't exactly good. Even Wii had games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, COD, etc, whole Wii U had Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame, ZombiU...

There are several rumors saying Resident Evil 7 is coming to Switch. Its very early in the Switch's life. The umbilical cord hasn't even been cut yet. So when you get your hands on a Switch make sure you give it a good spank so it starts breathing properly. Then we will see how many realistic looking games there are in the diaper of the infant hybrid. Some of the realistic looking games may smell terrible but at least we know our little hybrid is eating properly. Did this make you smile?

i'm not displeased with the timing. 8 months early isn't the end of the world for a system that just wasn't up to snuff. What i am pretty displeased with is the software lineup. Xenoblade x taught me that i'm not a big fan of the combat system of those games. Mario is pretty damn far away, i can get zelda on the wii-u, and i can't think of another AAA single player game coming to the system.

It's not like a ps4 where i've had the choice between last guardian, horizon 0 dawn, dishonored 2, watch dogs 2, mafia 3, and others all come out in a 6 month cycle. We're talking a full 8 months and i just don't see that game that screams "buy this system". Hoping for an e3 surprise. Zelda scope kid icarus game (doubtful considering how long it too zelda), new luigi's mansion (doubtful that an LM game would release that close to a mario game) or maybe, and the only likely surprise, pikmin 4. Pretty big pikmin fan. I also haven't seen any worth while M rated games. Don't get me wrong, the rating doesn't make the game, but something a little edgier would be nice. Castelvania, bayonetta, no more heroes... something along those lines. Might pick it up when dragon quest 11 releases, we'll see.

I got the Wii U too early was the only problem I had with it(should have waited for price drop,) the games are awesome so no problem with that. I'm getting a Switch because I'm jizzing on all the incoming JP support from devs trying to move on from the Vita.

ive enjoyed all the games i bought for my Wii U, but now whats the point?

now that the Wii U is dead more and more online services will end and the game flow is already at a halt. the Switch isnt much better and coupled with the fact that its so expensive is just ridiculous. so now i have one dead console and i cant get the new one.

anyways... Hello PC gaming, I have finally arrived!