By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch: any other salty WiiU owners out there?

How does the WiiU abandonment make you feel about buying the Switch?

I own a WiiU and will def... 253 38.22%

I own a WiiU and I will w... 147 22.21%

I own a WiiU and I won't buy a Switch. 97 14.65%

I don't own a WiiU and w... 26 3.93%

I don't own a WiiU and I... 56 8.46%

I don't own a WiiU and I... 83 12.54%

Total:662
bunchanumbers said:
curl-6 said:

The Wii U is definitely Nintendo's Saturn. And if they're not careful, Switch could up being their Dreamcast.

Its the first Nintendo console that I have no interest in whatsoever. Its pretty sad. I never thought that I wouldn't be interested in Switch when it was announced. Nintendo finally found a way to drive me away. Its something I never thought I would happen.

I wouldn't say I'm not interested in Switch, (Mario Odyssey alone piques my interest) but I am scared of getting one for fear it will turn out like Wii U.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Its the first Nintendo console that I have no interest in whatsoever. Its pretty sad. I never thought that I wouldn't be interested in Switch when it was announced. Nintendo finally found a way to drive me away. Its something I never thought I would happen.

I wouldn't say I'm not interested in Switch, (Mario Odyssey alone piques my interest) but I am scared of getting one for fear it will turn out like Wii U.

I am pretty sure that another Wii U situation will happen. I mean all the signs are there and the games announced so far pretty much show that its a Wii U situation. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look good to me. At all.

bunchanumbers said:
curl-6 said:

I am pretty sure that another Wii U situation will happen. I mean all the signs are there and the games announced so far pretty much show that its a Wii U situation. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look good to me. At all.

The similarities are certainly worrisome.

bunchanumbers said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I'm not getting a good vibe either; the $300 price tag, the crazy expensive accessories, and the (so far) sparse software lineup don't bode well. Having to pay a subscription to play Splatoon 2 could also kill the IP's momentum and system selling power. 

Luckily, these things are all fixable, but whether Nintendo will actually fix them remains to be seen.

I liked my years with the WiiU my friends and I played Mario Party 10 at times and I bring my WiiU to my Super Smash Bros. club at school every week. Nintendo land was fun with friends when it first came out and so was Super Mario Bros U. Ive had this thing since 2012 and ive loved it every year.

Around the Network

I loved my Wii U, and then I sold it. And the games too. I would have to repurchase any games I had on Wii U again for Switch anyways because of the totally different architecture. But that is fine because having MarioKart and Splatoon on tiny cartridges is such a cool thing. I'm not salty, but maybe a little bitter the Wii U was put out to pasture so soon. But, as badly as the U sold, you cant really blame Nintendo for pulling a Sony.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Lucas-Rio said:
FromDK said:

1. It has a perfect price for a higend portable/homedoking/newend controller/touch wonder

2. You dont know if we have seen all games yet.. and even if.. you know that before cristmas 9 month later.. there will be many

3. Again.. You know nothin about the online.. there is a posibylity.. That Nintendo make some that has the right price.. and myaby even some that totally blows Xbox/Sony back to stoneage.. We know that Nintendo got Dena for this.. we have seen "strange" patens.. Dont think you know any about this yet.. Ontop of that.. I could totally see Nintendo doing splatoon and Mariokart free to play online.. (or atleast include a 1 year)

Point of this.. You have not the full picyure.. you have to wait before you jump to conclusion.. its like saying you dont like a movie after hearing that its 2 hour long.. make no sense

I am not jumping to conclusions. I am not buying the Switch until I have a good reason for it and in the first months I have no reasons to buy the Switch.

If it's at 200€ at Christmas I will take it with Mario. But I can play Zelda on the Wii U and will NEVER pay to play online, never. If Nintendo was going to make Splatoon or Mario Kart 8 free , then they would have make all the online free. All will be behind a paywall.

I'd feel pretty burned if the hacking community didn't exist. Got more mileage out of my Wii thanks to it and it seems to be the same for Wii U.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

KLXVER said:
snyps said:
The only thing i'm salty about is that Nintendo doesn't make mature rated content.

Well they havent ever done that, so no need to be salty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BvetoA53MU  If I say I'm fine with Nintendo being 100% family friendly.. I feel like Reek from GoT. I'm not fine with it.

bdbdbd said:
snyps said:
The only thing i'm salty about is that Nintendo doesn't make mature rated content.

Where would you need mature rated content?

Metroid sequels. New fighting game perhaps. I'd like a western a kin to Red Dead Redemption. Did you know that when Rockstar San Diego was called Angel Studios, they were a Nintendo 2nd party? Even Retro Studios was made up of the Iguana team that created Turok..  I'm a believer that mature content is fine in a family setting as long as it's a fantasy setting (i.e. pirates, ninjas, cowboys, dinosaurs).

monocle_layton said:
maxleresistant said:
Didn't like the Wii, didn't like the WiiU. I would be dumb to buy a switch.

Did you like the DS/3ds? 

moderatly, but I'm not a huge fan of handheld games.

Nintendo games just feel like inferior versions of console games. Even if they are good/great games, when you make the comparison between Mario Kart 7 and 8, or between Mario Galaxy  and New super Mario Bros.

And there is always this feeling of going back one or 2 generations before.

On GBA  there was a few games that I loved : Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, Minish Cap, Golden Sun, F-zero. 

As for the DS I loved Layton, and other games that used the stylus in a great way, like Ninja Gaiden, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, smaller games like Picross. But it quickly became the system for JRPG, and I'm not a fan of those.

The 3DS I finally bought it 3 months ago, it's not great. It's kind of going nowhere to me. A Link Between Worlds was good but not great, Layton mask of miracles was just awful in most part, I'm done with the series because of this games. Luigi's mansion 2 is good, but it tried to fix something that wasn't broken by cutting the game into levels and scoring you , I know the first one had a score too, but the first time you played, you didn't even know really, you could just enjoy the game at your rythm, I don't like scorebased games, so it's bugging me.

I have more games to play, I bought Mario Kart, Zelda Triforce heroes, Mario Tennis, and Starfox 64. But well, I'm not hoping much, I'll play those and sell the console I think