By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars 2 has gone gold

One of my most anticipated games this year. Ultimate Edition owned.

Around the Network

I want it, but my backlog will allow me to wait until Christmas time and reap the big savings.

hudsoniscool said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

1. RTS game ,on consoles, that sells 200k in its first month in USA shouldn't be called a "bomb" no matter what its name is. 

2. This game should achieve a very high digital ratio, compared to other games, initially at least.  In addition to being play anywhere game, a lot of people bought the ultimate edition digitally to get an early copy of the first game. Also, due to the nature of the game, "Play Anywhere" should effect it more than any other game.

3. I expect 150k on NPD which is good in my opinion. The realistic goal for this game should be 1-1.5 million worldwide.

I hope it does good. It will have to or we can say goodbye to a age of empire game. Also I like this developer a lot and want to see them succeed. Between this and alien isolation it looks like they are quite talented. I think if it reviews really well and has a good word of mouth it could do 2 million lifetime but I think that's the ceiling(at least for the Xbox version)

The original Halo Wars sold 1-2 million without bundles, even though it was released at Halo peak/prime, and that didn't stop them from releasing another one. RTS and PC games in general perform a lot better outside US so I'm not worried about lot about its performance in NPD charts. 

Also, if I remember correctly, Halo Wars did ~200k on its first month in the states.

I don't know if I'll buy it at launch but XCOM2 has made me appreciate strategy games again so I'll pick it up after I'm done with XCOM.

Is it on pc aswell or only on the bone ?

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
Is it on pc aswell or only on the bone ?

Halo Wars 2 will also be on PC.
Microsoft is also releasing Halo Wars 1 on PC.

Compared to StarCraft though, Halo Wars 1 came up short, didn't stop me from sinking a few hundred hours into it though.

My few plays with the Halo Wars 2 beta was that it took Halo 1 and built on that, some changes I liked, some I haven't.
Interested to see how it plays on the PC though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I´m focused on cashing out for Switch right now, but HW2 is next on the list :).

Question i have the BC HW1 on my bone... Is it gonna play anywhere too???... Will the one on the collector edition be play anywhere???

Glad to hear. I'm a fan of the first one. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy at launch or wait. =Either way I will eventually get the game.

added some campaign footage to OP

not completely sold on it so far, will look forward to seeing how this is reviewed